Forum home General Chat General chat

Not allowed to get pregnant now..................

Until after the wedding!!!!! Yes thats right you heard me, wedding!!! I'm now offically engaged!!!

It's still sinking in! I can't believe what happened last night?

Picture the scene. It's my oh's (Dave) dads (Richard) 60th birthday party. Loads of family, friends, DJ, bar etc. We had it at the local shooting club where Richard shoots at the weekends.
Party was going really well. I knew Dave and Richard were doing speech to thank everyone for coming. Dave had been up for 2 hours writting his Friday night. It was very funny bless him.
Anyway It gets to around 10.30. Richard went first, the usual jokes and thanking everyone for coming etc. Then Dave does his speech, he got alot of laughs so was obviously worth all the effort!

Nxt thing I know, he screws it up. "Now" he says, "theres just one person I have forgotton"
"darling, where are you?"
He looks for me and then just as he catchs my eye I see the box! Flippin heck! At that point I start to shake and then the tears start to roll down my face (wish someone had bloody warned me to wear waterproof mascara!)
I walk slowly towards him as he utters, "darling, will you marry me?" opening the box and showing me the most stunning diamond I've ever seen! Sadly when he tried to put it on me it was too small!!! A family friend who's a jewler made it for me though so he altered it today image
The rest is a blur, I swear I went into shock at that point! I remember saying, "Of course I fucking will" (my exact words! classy I know, but straight from the heart!) b4 calling him a basturd under my breath for doing it infront of 80 odd people, and then giving him a massive cuddle and crying even more! I've never been so happy in all my life!
My best friends were all behind me balling their eyes out! The rest of the evening was spent drinking, celebrating, dancing and, well, more drinking, lol!!!
Everyone was congratulating us all evening. I never saw it coming!!! Only Daves mum, dad, brother, John (the family friend who made my ring) and two of Daves best mates knew!!!!
Luckily one of Daves friend recorded the proposal on his phone. I will watch it it somepoint but I bet I'm just a blubbering mess!!! lol!
Really did'nt think Dave had it in him to do it infront of everyone like that. It's just made me even more in love with him if I'm honest. I just know he's the one for me.
So after 7.5 years together and 3 children we are finally getting married!!!! We are thinking late June, early July nxt year image
I can't wait!!!
One more thing. Most of you know we were trying for number 4, well. During the week we had a massive row as Dave had 'changed his mind' AGAIN about trying for another baby so soon. He wanted to wait until Livvy was two. After not speaking to him for 2 days I finally came round and agreed it would be best to wait if thats what he really wanted. I was'nt happy about it, but there was'nt much I could really do! Little did I know it was beacuse he was planning this?!! lol!!! I would never have gone as mental about it had I known! At one point I wasn't even going to come to the party as I just didn't feel like celebrating! He must've been shitting himself that I really wan'snt going to come!!!
So now we are both really excited! Not only are we getting married nxt year but we will then be trying for number 4! I've never seen him get so excited about trying for another baby image and he's so excited about planning the wedding already! I will be getting onto the village church 2muro to see when the can fit us in nxt year image
Needless to say I would prefur not to have a bump this side of the wedding if we can help it! So we will be being very careful until then, lol!! I can't believe it, what a weekend it has been!

If you've got this far then thank you so much for reading my ramblings! I really needed to write this down somewhere so I could get my head round the fact I'm going to be a married woman!!! lol!!!

Love all you girls so much!!! Theres no way I will leave you for YAYW so you'll have to put up with my wedding plans I'm afraid image

x x x x x x x x

Replies

• WOOOOOOhOOOOOOO go girl, so many congrats coming your way, oh my goodness, how brilliant is that?

Like your classy answer too lol!!!!

I am sure you will get you no'4 soon too.....the wedding night sounds like a good plan lol(dont forget to book a date when AF isnt around lol!!!!)
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! I am crying!!!!! How lovely!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • I relied last night, but looks liek BE ate it!

Anyhoo........ooooohhhhhh Sarah!

Thats fabulous news and couldnt happen to a nicer person!!

And on the up side we get to ttc together WHOOP! x
  • yayyyyyy congarst hun that was sooo lovely to read. I am so happy for you xxxx
  • That's wonderful, congratulations... so very happy for you

xx
  • YYYYYYYYYYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy congrats to you its all so exciting, really pleased for you vikki xx
  • awww sooo lovely hun image many congratulations to you and Dave xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Thank you for all the replies and congratulations girls. I'm already getting stressed about planning everything but I'm sure it will all be fine on the day. I had had a wee nosy over on YAYW but It's very full on over there. People get really into all the planning and the count down and the money some are planning to spend???!
    We are only going to have a smallish wedding and try our best to keep costs down. I don't really see the point in going into massive debt for just one day? If anyone has any tips for how you kept your costs to a minimum feel free to share them with me, I'd be very grateful! We went to see the vicar last night about booking the church and thats setting us back just under 500 before we've even thought about anything else!!! x x x
  • lol
    well ideas i have plenty!!
    we used a student to do our photography (went through hundreds of portfolios first tho lol)
    flowers we got on ebay from a small florist they were gorgeous, white roses with tiny diamontes in the centres.
    we bought our girls dresses from bhs in january (gotta love the sales) just buy larger sizes.

i chose my dress then went online and eventually found a seamstress on ebay who made my 3k dress for ??196 inc p&p it was sooo lovely lots of beading etc and then hired a seamstress in tonbridge to fit it. soooo much cheaper lol. alternatively i used to work for Go Bridal in tunbridge wells who are quite reasonable, theres also an internet store called fairy godmother.co.uk who make gorgeous dresses.

i think thats me done for ideas hahahahhaa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • massive congrats what a wonderful post to read, am so so pleased for you will reply better later but am over the moon for you, your girls will be gorgeous as bridesmaids

xx