Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Just thought I'd say hi!

Hello everyone, can I join you?! I used to "hang out" on the Born in July 09 thread but havent been on here in a long long time!

My name is Carrie, and I am 26 years old. I have 4 children, a daughter aged 10, another daughter aged 4, a son aged 2 and a daughter aged 10 months.
I am a gynae nurse, but not currently working as have a baby at home!
My husband is desperate for us to try for baby number 5, but I really dont know if I want to!

So thats just a little bit about me, looking forward to chatting with you all xxx

Replies

• Hi, nice to meet you (as such) image
    I'm Karen, I'm 30 and have 4 children also (DH definately doesn't want any more :lol: ) dd1 9yrs, ds1 7yrs, ds2 2yrs and dd2 8 weeks.
    Forgot to add:
    Welcome to large families image

[Modified by: sikychops on May 21, 2010 03:39 AM]

• hiya,

Im babs, have 4 children ds1 8yrs, dd1 6yrs, dd2 4yrs and ds2 4 months..........no more for me as hubby had the snip a few weeks ago ( cry!) best not to go into it lol as I will get all broody and regret it lol!

Welcome to LF xx
    talk soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hi ladies,
    Thanks for your replies.
    babs - thats the dilemma me and hubby are going through at the moment. I swing from being adamant that I dont want any more, and saying either he should have the snip or me be sterilied. Then I start thinking, but what if we do that and I'll never be pregnant again, never be able to add to our family. I wont go on, its probably not helping you, but just so you know, I appreciate how hard a decision it is!
    xxxxxx
  • hi, i have four too dd,12,ds,10,ds,3,ds2 we have just found out we r having number 5.i think deep down u will know what u really want to do,i was like that with my last one at first but i know deep down i wanted one more and now im pregnant im 32 now so this will be my last one number 5. i wish u all the best xx
  • I agree peach, deep down I know that practically hubby and I having another child would probably tip the balance of happiness and possibly have a negative effect on our relationship/family, spending etc etc. While having a large family is the best thing I some how feel I would struggle with 5 as I am already so extremly busy and what with trying to save for our own house again, the extra expence would hinder my dream of owning my own house again, long term its for my kids at the end of the day. I want them to have some security if anything should happen to me.

If that all makes sense lol

I doubt I will ever stop the broody, baby urge feeling as I love all that it entails with being pregnant etc BUT being true to myself and my kids I am happy with my four and my health right now is good so not wanting to tempt fate either really!
  • Congratulations peach! Was number 5 planned or a surprise?!
    My mum had six children. There were 4 of us, and we kept on and on at mum and dad that we wanted a new baby brother or sister, so they decided to have another and they ended up with twins!!
    I think if I were to fall pregnant again it would be a shock, but we'd be happy about it.
    I dont feel I want to PLAN another one though, if that makes sense. We are over the moon with 4 happy & healthy children, and like has been said above, I think number 5 would just upset the balance.
    I want to go back to work at some point. My husband works long 12 hour shifts, plus an hour drving either side, so I dont see him for 14 hours a day, and he does a mixture of days and nights, so even when he is here he is quite often in bed lol!! He is an angel when he is off work, helps with housework, cooking, and puts a lot of effort into making sure his time off is spent with myself and the children.
    But when he is at work it is hard for me with the children sometimes. I dont drive, so all shopping/appointments/running around has to be done on foot, and since I moved out this way from where i was living I havent got a lot of friends in the area.
    We're lucky that my husband is on a very good wage and we do get to enjoy luxuries, but I feel a lot of this would need to be stopped if baby number 5 arrived. In reality, we would probably need to find a new bigger house.
    Plus its all the little things, like making sure the children all get time with me, without me being busy with housework. Sitting down doing school reading/homework, bedtime stories etc, I just about manage to fit it all in now!
    So for me, I am happy with 4. But when I see a aby or pregnant woman I'm like, I want that to be me again one day. I dont know why. Because I know its harder than just being pregnant, it would mean our lives getting one hell of a lot busier!!
    But hubby would love another one and sometimes I feel like I am letting him down by saying no.
    I guess I am just waffling on a bit now but it helps to get it all down. It is hard to talk to friends/family cos the only comments I get are things like "You'd be MAD to have another one!"
    Sorry for the long post, feel a bit better now!! xxx
  • Hiya
    im lolly and im 27 i have 3 children ds1 who is 6 next month image dd who is 3 and ds2 who is two in about a week and a hlaf image

i cannpot have any more there was a big drama and that was the outcome lol. im training to become a midwife and right now should be doing yet more homework woooops! i'm one of 12 children so consider myself to be a big family expert lol.

anyway welcome to the forum xxxxxx
  • hi yes number 5 was planed but this one will be my lastone.im over the moon about it too,
  • hi hun welcome to Large families forum. Its been a bit quiet lately but the girls here are lovely & fab at giving advise.

I am Elaine 22 and mummy to 3 boys & baby due 10th June.

xxxxx
  • hi,
    Denise, 40 !!!!! mum to 5.
    2 girls aged 19 and 2
    3 boys aged 16, 6 and 4!

Welcome to the site

d xx
  • hello and welcome

I am Taliah with 4 los. 3 girls aged 5,4 and 2 and a little boy aged 10 weeks.

xx