Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

And here we go again

Well as you know I had made the decision that when the paediatrician phoned back I was going to tell him I was happy to leave Isaac having any more tests or exams until his scheduled appointment in December, however when he phoned me back and I told him I wasnt as worried any more he asked whether he was still having difficulties getting up and down, which he is so I said yes but as it is only a matter of months since he learnt to get up himself surely that was understandable. He said he had been having a re think and he wants me to take Isaac in when we get back off holiday and do some more blood tests and urine tests, I asked him what they were for and he said several things but in particular an acid which can cause a build up of something in the muscles and cause weakness, I cant remember exactly what it was called but it began with a 'm'. I am trying very hard not to stress and even harder to not go on google and find out what this acid is and what problems it causes. I know that deep down whatever is wrong (if anything) we will get through it but I just feel like I want a break from the constant hospital appointments and waiting and seeing what happens. I've really had enough now, and to top it all we got the date for hubbys repeat MRI scan and that is end Sept, so for me september is going to be one long month of worry and stress arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Sorry for the waffle (again) just wanted to get it all out of my system, anyhow I am off on my hols tomorrow so hopefully that will take my mind off it a bit. Thanks for reading xx

Replies

• Aw hun hugs, you are having a time of it, i felt like that when i was in and out of hospital when they found my hole in my heart i was backwards and forwards from one hospital to the next and constant tests and bloods i felt like a bloody pin cushion. Then with my hernia and getting sterilised i was just glad to get it all done with and i havent been near the hospital since may.But i have my annual cardiac tests comming up soon.
    Hopefully the docs are just being extra sure and Isaac will be fine and i know its easier said than done but try not to worry, go and enjoy your holiday and deal with it all when you get back. Where are you going any where nice?
    Do not go and google it you will put extra worry on yourself. Take care enjoy your hols and keep us posted how he gets on.
    vikki xx
  • Oh sweetie, fingers crossed all goes well for both your men!!

I have heard of the "m" problem you may have with Isaac, one of the american sprinters who won gold at the world champs this week has it and it is a stress related problem that causes the acid build up that deterioates muscles . Cant remember the ins and outs but she is managing it and it doesnt affect her unless she over does it!!( how she wasnt over doing it to win a bloomin gold medal I will never know lol!)

Anyway enough waffel from me, hope you have a super holiday, enjoy every minute hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hi, Well I'm back from my hols, chilled and relaxed, we had a great time, the weather was gorgeous, really warm and sunny, the children had a whale of a time and I even managed not to worry about hubby or Isaac. I will defo not be googling it, no matter how tempting, I have learnt in the past that is the worst thing to do.

vikki we went to a place just outside Lowestoft in Suffolk called Kessingland it was nice although there wasnt much there so I did have to drive everyday to do something, slthough it was quite funny becuase Isaac copies everything the sat nav says and he sounds so cute when he says "cross roundabout second exit" :lol: We went to a theme park which has a ride called wipeout, I was crapping myself but it was amazing and worth queueing nearly an hour to hear my 13 year old scream like a big girl :lol:
  • Thats brill sounds like fun except all the driving, i think hols in this country are better we like going to whitby and hiring a cottage which is what we are doing next year hopefully but we didnt go any where this year with the boys being so little.

The hour que sounds like it was worht it to hear him scream lol they think they are so cool at that age lol
    vikki xx