Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

g/c sorry! Just want some advice from those with 3!!

Hi,

I have Henry who will be 3 xmas eve and Isabelle who will be 1 in October and hubby and I decided it would be best to settle at 2 seeing as we have one of each!! However we are both from large families and always wanted lots of children and now we are both feeling a little bit broody!

I sold most of my baby stuff as an attempt to convince myself not to have any no more babies! We are financially stable allbeit things are a little tight, but aren't they always! We have a fourth bedroom which is really a box room but still usable as a bedroom. Ideally I'd like a new baby to share with one of the older ones but it feels like we might be upsetting the family dynamic and squeezing another one in when 2 is just fine!

I also feel as though we may just be wanting to satisfy our broody feelings and not listening to our heads as I am so happy with the healthy children we already have and almost feel like having another would be greedy!!

Has anyone else had these feelings but persevered anyway? I'm sure if we did have another we wouldn't look back, it just feels like a daunting decision because it will affect more of us this time! We knew we wanted more than one for sure so decicing to have DD was a no brainer! Perhaps it's because this one would be a big change for everyone I'm worried about not having enough time for the two I already have as well as a baby! I know children are adaptable but still worry!

Is it really much harder to go from 2 to 3 and which age gaps work for you? Not sure whether to wait a few more years or go for it now!

Any experiences much appreciated!!

xxx

Replies

• me? i would say go for it lol..I am one of the many very broody ladies here on large familys but I have had to stop at 4..!! boo hoo!!
    I would have had another if we had the space/finance but it wasnt to be!

Anyway, I found the transition from 2-3 non excistant, I actually just carried on with my normal routine and baby just slotted in each time. while some things took a little longer to get done or it took more preparation while getting things ready it just worked.

I have 2yrs between each of my first 3 children and 4yrs between my last 2, I love having them close together but I also like having the 4yr gap as it means 3 are much more indipendant and not so needy when I have to deal with the baby.

I too had sold all my baby stuff after no'3 so just went shopping on a budget, looked for some second hand, brought only essentials and swapped stuff with other mums who's children were getting to be an age to use my childrens things for baby stuff for me! I think after 2 you realise exactly what you need and what you will use rather than getting everything and it sitting there for yrs lol!

Its a little hard, quite stressful alot of times, but it is without a doubt the best thing I have ever done in my life, as I am sure all the ladies on here will tell you..( oh and i cant get through a day without these girls support and understanding too, they are fab)!!
  • I'm with babs, go for it, I have 4 children and I can honestly say that the transition from 2 to 3 was non existent, she just fitted in and it really was easy, much easier to go from 2 to 3 than it was going from 1 to 2 xxx
  • I'm with babs, go for it, I have 4 children and I can honestly say that the transition from 2 to 3 was non existent, she just fitted in and it really was easy, much easier to go from 2 to 3 than it was going from 1 to 2 xxx
  • I agree with the others going from 2-3 is easier than going from 1-2.
    I have 4, 2yrs between the 1st 2, 4.5yrs between 2 and 3 and 2.5yrs between 3 and 4. I had to buy the essentials for no3 as we had gotten rid of a lot of baby things after no2, but i've reused them now with no4 lol.
  • i have 3 with 2 yr gaps between each baby and i love it, i wish i could have anohter but its not on the cards. i say go for it! plus buying the essentials all over again wont be as expensive this time round as you are an experienced mother who knows what is essential and what is just fluff lolxxxx
  • i Would definatly echo everyone else go for it,i have 3 and have to admitt No 3 does really just slip right in, so cant wait for no4 hoping that one will slip right in too. xxx
  • Me too i would say go for it. My third just slotted right into family life as though she had always been here. My dd was almmost 3 1/2 and ds was 21months when she arrived and they simply adored her for day dot! Having a third has been so enjoyable i'm now expecting a fourth. I have 20months between my first two, then 21months between no2 and no3 and there will be 15months between my third and fourth when this baby arrives in november. I'll have 4 children under five and can't wait (don't get me wrong of course i have the odd moment where i think what the hell have we done and for a brief second start to completely s**t myelf but ho hum lol) You seem very level headed and you and hubby obviously have good lines of communication, you are right to consider the impact it will have on your family in a practcal and pragmatic way but also listen to your heart too. I'm a sucker for the tug of broodiness and can't resists lol.
    Good Luck and Best Wishes
    Jo xxx