Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long after no.2 did you try for no.3?

Hi all, I have two daughters, my eldest is 4 1/2 and my youngest is 11 months.
The 3 1/2 year age gap worked for us as our daughter was very independant so I wasnt running around after her whilst dealing with a newborn and she loved helping! still does.
Thing is this time round I am very broody already and cant get having another baby out of my mind. I really miss being pregnant. In the back of my mind I worry that I would find it difficult with 2 under 2 as I havent experienced that. My children are fairly well behaved but kids will be kids lol.
I cant imagine waiting another 2 years to have our 3rd image
How hard is it really to have 3 or more?

Thanks xx

Replies

• Hi hun. I think I actually remember you from when I was ttc my 3rd!! image She's now just turned two and I'm 19 wks gone with number 4!!!
    I had just 15.5 months between my 2 and 3!!! So If I could do that you will be fine hunnie!!! I fell when no 2 was 7 months old. It was planned, I was just extreamly broody at the time! I won't lie the early days were hard but not a lot different from going from 1 to 2 at all, probably easier in fact.
    I think there are good and bad points to every age gap. What does your hubby/OH think hun? If you are both feeling ready then go for it!! I wanted a smaller gap between 3 and 4 but sadly it didn't work out quite as we wanted. Very pleased to be having another one now and as it's turned out will mean Livs is that bit older when number 4 comes along. So with any luck for the first time ever (when a newborn comes along) I might have her dry and just the one set of nappy's to deal with!image Am I right in thinking it took you a while to fall for your no2? Bare that in mind. I hope for your sake you fall quickly but we all know you can't always plan things exactly the way you would like them. Best of luck when you do decide to TTC and look forward to having you over here more regularly when you get your BFP! image x x x x
  • Hi Fiona, I have to say that someone once said to me that having 2 children is more than double the work of one, but 3 makes no difference, that is so true, no3 just slotted in, she was happy and content which I think was probably the result of us being far more chilled out parents, you dont worry so much about the small things, and having no4 is a breeze, the more you have, the easier it gets (having said that, I am not going for no5 :lol: )
  • Thanks for your replies ladies image

Sugar n Spice - I remember you too, you didnt have the 'bump' on your name before though LOL. I think OH wants a bigger gap again tbh.
    Yes were we trying for a year for no.2, So I was ready for another baby when our daughter was 21 months! Its funny how it worked out though as I am very happy with the age gap. Just like last time I am expecting to fall pregnant straight away but you're right it might not happen for a while!
    I've come on today so I might consider not starting my next pill pack!
    I had the mirena in before ttc last time so the pill might mess me up?

Hayley - really! Im very glad to hear it gets easier lol. I'll tell OH!!
    I was also worried that it would affect my girls relationship?

How long did it take you all to conceive your 3rd babies? xxx
  • hmmmm i thought u were done mrs!!!

Obviously we didn't try for our 3rd as we got twins 2nd time but we would have had we had a singleton!

In terms of age gap i love the gap we have which is similar to your girls of 4yrs (not quite for u), 2/3 obviously only have 25mins so i have 2 under 1 and it is hard work but i now don't know any different and neither would you and all of them are so close already despite the age gap.

Sorry i rambled a bit but what i wanted to say was i don't think there is a PERFECT GAP!!

Good luck trying again, hope it happend so much quicker this time!!
    xxxxx

• Hi Lilac!!!
    I know I know I've changed my mind! Ever since Having Ella I have thought I want more one minute then I think NEVER AGAIN the next! lol

Still not a definate go ahead yet, lots to consider.

Are you done??

xxx
  • Sadly yes, i would probably have another in a couple of years time but hubby is adament thats it no more- he only ever wanted 2 really anyway!!

Not planning on doing anything extreme about it as u never know (i'm only 25 dh 32) but for now its no to #4!

Good luck honey i really hope u don't have the heartache of last time if u do try again.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Thankyou hun!!
    Yeah it is quite sad isnt it, knowing you wont be having anymore. Im more scared of not trying again then sticking to two image
    xxx
  • Best of luck for when you ttc then hun. Whenever you both feel ready it will be the perfect time for your family image Hope it doesn't take you long this time!
    This is our last baby and I do feel sad we won't be ttc again. We did always say we'd have 3 or 4 and financially 4 has to be our limit! Trying to enjoy this pregnancy as much as possible! image x x x
  • Hi ladies, Its been a while since Ive been on here.
    I went through a stage of being content and sticking to the two Ive got but OH and I have taken the plunge and Ive stopped taking the pill.
    More scared this time!!
    My eldest daughter is now at full time school so I have loads of time with my 13 month old which is nice.
    How is everyone getting on?

fiona xXx
  • Fantastic news Fiona! I hope you get your BFP very soon!
    I'm now almost 30 weeks with number 4 and just can't wait to met him or her image x x x
  • Thankyou, wow you must be so excited.
    Are you enjoying your pregnancy? xxx
  • hi hun, my dd1 will be 3 next month and dd2 is just turned 6 months so almost 2 1/2 years between them, it took a long time ttc no2 so we though once dd2 was 3 months we would ttc again and see what happened, i had 1 mc (i think my body wasnt ready) and im now 4+5 with no3! crazy but i cant wait, so broody its untrue and im looking forward to the madness, i couldnt have too big a gap because i wouldnt want to start all over with a pre-schooler and then going back to bottles and nappys so this is it for us.
  • I am! Pregnancy is going as well as it can when you have 3 little pickles to run round after, lol!
    No, really, it's not been too bad at all so far. Had the usual aches and pains and I'm finding sleeping an issue now but I am enjoying it. I will be very sad when my bump is gone, esp as it will be the last. Can't wait to meet our new baby though and finally find out the sex! image x x x
  • Good Luck with the TTC

d x
  • ooh good luck hunnie! xxx
  • no3bump - it took us a year to coneive dd2 so Im expecting the same again, think thats why im so broody so soon. Financially were not ready and we live in a 2 bed maisonette but that wont stop me!!

sugarnspice - im glad its going well, i made the most of my bump but somehow I still miss it and never thought I would do it all again. think i would like to wait to find out the sex next time too

thankyou dee dee and juniemummy xXx
  • Good luck TTC, very exciting xx

I had no'3 rather unexpectedly lol...she was a lovely suprise really!!! there is two yrs between no'2 and 3. Personally the transition from 2-3/3-4 was really never a problem..yes I was tired after having the baby but as I am a stickler for routine baby just slotted in and everyone else carried on as normal!!!!!!!

Goodluck, lots of sticky baby dust coming your way xxxxxxxxxxx