Forum home› General Chat› General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

7 seater car recommendation?

What would you suggest as a good 7 seater that would have to fit a double buggy in the boot?

There would be 2 adults, 1 9year old, 1 4year old a 2 year old and a baby.

Help please?

Replies

• Options
    i have a 7 seater do u want it! lol, its like driving a piggin bus!
  • Options
    I have the Toyota Previa. it is ace. It is not too big but easily gets me, OH, my 5 kids (includes 3 in car seats and 2 teenagers, and a double buggy and the single and shopping.
    I can not fault it. Even has DVD players WITH headphones so i dont need to listen to bloody chuggington...

d xx

ps I from Middlesbrough originally...where in North are you from
  • Options
    the previa is not really big and high..its like a normal car with a bit extra on the back....does not at all feel like a bus!! The Galaxy is a lovely car but yes, I hav e to agree, it is a bit like a bus. !!!

d x
  • Options
    mines a vauhall sintra and yes it gets everybody in all 6 of us and shopping and the skate pram but its really hard to drive!!!! its old but it looks good and gets me where i need to go when i am feeling brave enough to drive it!!
  • Options
    we have a ford galaxy, we have 5 kids. and fit all the car chairs and buggies in no probs. the boot space is great. x
  • Options
    We have a toyota previa 8 seater and love it. Plenty of room for all of us, Ours are 12 10 8 5 and 2 and expecting new baby in August
  • Options
    LANDROVER (sorry love them gas guzzling polluting beasties but you can shift a horsebox like it was a match box driving one lol!!! x
  • Options
    chloe123 thats what i have got but I absoulutly adore it, i really think its the best people carrier out there, its just so much bigger than the peugeot 806 which has slidy doors, and so so so much bigger than the Zafferia. Honestly i am in love with it (he is called Frank) I can fit 4 children in car seats, 2 adults, 1 doberman dog, double buggy AND still have room to put pottys on the floor so they can wee in privacy. Have got parking sensors fitted to the back tho.

I really think they are fab value for money, love it love it love it lol Sintra all the way

xxDBxx

ps had looked at the chrysler voyager as similar in size to the Sintra however the NCAP saftey rating for Voyagers made before 2007 is really bad they are one of the only cars not to get any stars for saftey so i decided against that and we cldnt afford a 2007 onwards one x
  • Options
    we have a toyota previa too and we fit all our lot (16,14,6,4,and 3 months) in plus the bugaboo (not folded), its our second one and cant rate it enough xxx
  • Options
    I know look at us talking cars.

I think it's about time a female designed a good looking 7/8 seater car. After all there are ladies like me out there wo actually like cars image

I do like the look of the Toyota Previa and also the Mazda 5. I'm driving a 4x4 at the moment so would miss the height and feel of the safety when driving but would soon get over that!

So with the Toyota then if you had a permanent ISOFIX on one seat and two high back boosters on the other two seats how do you get people into the 3rd row? You don't have to take out car seats do you? And is there really then room for a double buggy and a few bags?

As a family we only ever use it every other weekend with all of us in anyway so the 3rd row would probably only get used then.

I'm still talking hubby around to the idea of no4 - lol, ot long to go yet I don't think image

DeeDee I'm originally from Leeds.

xxx
  • Options
    we have the 7 seater version. I have an isofix seat on one of the seats in second row (only 2 seats in this row) I then have my 3 and 5 year old in high back boosters in the back row. The remaining seat in the 2nd row folds down and slides so far forward that you can get them in that way and you can strap them in etc.. there is also room between the 2 seats in the 2nd row that you can easily get though.
    I get my double umbrella fold and even my double 3 wheeler in. With the 3 wheeler there is not much room in the boot left but loads on the floor in the car for shopping etc.

I would go and look at one and take car seats out of yours and test how you could all fit it with prams etc..

good luck
    d x