Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A mini achievement!

Toby (12 weeks yesterday) has been soooo unsettled lately and will not tolerate being put down in his chair for more than a minute so it's been really hard to get anything done until he's in bed in the evening.

Today I have BF him countless times so I am assuming he is starting a growth spurt and needs to increase my milk supply as he's been on one boob or the other nearly all day!

Anyway, I feel quite pleased with myself today because as well as feeding him all day and looking after my other 2 boys I have managed to:

1) Go out to the tumble dryer in the garage and put a load in there which is unheard of these days - I usually have a clothes airer up somewere in the house taking up space! I can't wait until the warmer weather is here to stay and then I can start hanging the washing out outside without the fear of having to run back out and get it becuase it's raining!

2) Made a sausage and lentil casserole for tea which is Casper's favourite and he's been asking me to make him it since the end of last week. I know it sounds awful but I just haven't had the time for "proper cooking" in the past couple of days.

3) Bath the older 2 without any interruptions from Toby screaming to be fed or picked up. I put him down to sleep after tea about 5.30pm and he napped just long enough for me to run the bath and get them in and washed and then out. He woke up whilst I was getting them dry and dressed though so I quckly got Alex dressed and then had to leave poor Casper to sort himself out!

They are all now fast asleep and that will be them until about 7am in the morning, well except Toby, who will have me up every 2 hours from about 10pm onwards!

So all in all not a bad day! I am still knackered though! I am about to go get in a lovely hot bath and have a soak, then I am going to get in bed no later than 9pm! I have stacked the dishwasher so everything else can wait until tomorrow!

Replies

• Options
    AAHHH Bless, congratulations hun, it is an achievement and you should be proud of yourself!
    When I have a "good day" I always feel great and when things dont got to plan its the day I think back to especially if I'm a bit down.
    Well done you xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Well done - you deserve to be proud of yourself!! yes, 12 weeks is a growth spurt time xx
  • Options
    Ahh, thanks ladies! Toby has been a bit better today and has been going a bit longer between feeds. A bit TMI but I also think he's managed to increase my milk supply at least a little bit as they've started feeling full again and I can feel the let down on one whilst he's feeding off the other, I haven't been able to feel that the last few days as they just weren't having the chance to fill up before he was on one again!

I have tomorrow to myself, well with Toby, but without the other 2. Casper goes to a childminder for his nursery education and Alex goes too, tomorrow is their full day, 9am-4pm. Casper used to go as a baby when I went back to work and still goes now. He has got so much out of going that when he started going for free with his nursery education I started using the money I was paying for Casper to pay for Alex to go so he could have the same chance of learning as Casper did. They both love going there and it gives me a bit of a break, and I get to spend some time with Toby too.

So, tomorrow I am going to do a little bit of housework, get tea prepared, and then I am going shopping with my mum and Toby. I'm going to buy myself some new clothes. I gave all my maternity clothes away to a young girl on freecycle last week, she needed them and I was sick of being stuck in the rut of wearing them so it benefited us both, only now I don't have any clothes!

My mum came for tea tonight and has just left. She sat and played with the kids and held Toby whilst I cooked. I made pork, brocolli(sp?), cauliflower, mashed potatoes and yorkshire pudding, Casper loves corn on the cob so he had that too. It was lovely just to cook something without being stressed and running back and forth between cooker and kids! The kids cleared their plates and then we had carrot cake after, yum!! I even managed to bath all the kids before she left and they're all now nicely tucked up in bed.

This week is turning out good so far!
  • Options
    hi there
    wow you do hve your hands full. I have 5 kids. We have chatted before but it was ages ago and I think you just found out your were pregnant.

When my older 2 were little my OH worked abroad for 8 weeks with 2 weeks home. Those 8 weeks were so hard I cant imagine it with 3 little ones. You sound like you have it sorted tho...

mmmmmmmmmm...I could taste that dinner..yummmmm

My OH away for a week but my older daughter is 18 and a great help at bedtime and bathtime. We live in bahrain so no family around at all. My nearly 5 yr old is in reception at school and my 3 year old goes to nursery 4 monrnings a week..pure bliss. Means I only haveAmelia who has just turned one. Obviously they are off during school hols tho.

today I was u at 6am, fed kids, BF amelia, got OH out of bed by kicking him down the stairs..lol!!! showered while he watched them. took lauren to art club as she doing her A levles and has extra work, Took Chris (15) to his teacher for dyslexia, food shopped for the week, filled car with petrol, picked up dry cleaning, unpacked shopping, got kids ready and went to party 12 till 3 (arrived 40 mins late..oopps) and then came home and died!!! lol.
    OH went off to airport. Lucky thing!!! In a hotel all week with no kids...lush.

Soooo tonight I am going to sort out paperwork that has been getting me down...have bottle of wine while doing it and watching greys anotomy. Will prob file all the rubbish and throw away all the important stuff..ha ha...

d xxx