Forum home General Chat General chat

is this statement true? (for mums of 4 or more)

I was told that if you're going to have 3 children then you'd be better off having 4, cause with 3 then 1 is always left out of playing games etc. would ye say this is true? it kind of makes sense to me with my 3 they are always fighting & rarely do all 3 play together nicely.

KJxx

Replies

• hi. yes it can be true. when i had my 3rd and he was a bit older he was always left out of the older 2's games and fun, but now i have 5 it is great. they all partner up with each other and play great, yes they all have their moments but it is great. xx
  • i can see that happening already with my 3 its my eldest though thats left out. You have 5 you're lucky i dont think i'll get away with 5, 4 will be it for us i think.

KJ.x
  • i think it is fairly true my sons are 5 and 8 months n already they tend to chat to each other n leave my lil angel out poor maisey she adores them both i wish i could give her a lil sister image xxxx
  • I would say it is better to have 4, I am one of 3 and was always referred to as the "middle child", my sister was older than me and my brother was younger, there was always one of us getting left out, I have 4 and that doesnt happen yet.
  • Not had 4 yet! but Im one of three and hated it! I am the rebelous one, I am the least closset to family, I am more indipendant(probably because I felt I didnt really fit in)
    My middle child is very much like me even though all three play well, they do tend to go off in pairs though and the "odd one out" comes and does things with me but having said that they seem to take it in turns to be in pairs.
    I cant wait for no'4, one cos I luuurrrvvv babies and 2 cos I think it will even things up a little.
    xxx
  • Hi girls thanks for your replies seems i was told right!

same happens in our house 2 pair up & the other comes whining "Im bored!" to me so we end baking or colouring etc.

Babs3 my reasons exactly cant wait to TTC again as dont want too big of gap between my last & next (if we are lucky enough) she will be 3 in september.

Cheers!
    KJ.
  • i am about to have my 5th and i found with 3 1was always left out not always the same one but you do get middle hild sydrone as if they dont have a place no matter what you do with 4 they tend toplay in 2s really nice

Mari
  • hi

3 yes 1 always got left out,i have 7 kids and all seems ok .

mandy xx
  • Hi katyjo, thanks the excuse i used to persuade dh to start ttc, also when you go out as a family there is always one of the family left out as so many thing need pairs x
  • Ha Ha! Doublebubble nice one. Is it true though do yours play nicer now theres more than 3 how many have you?