Forum home General Chat General chat

double buggy advice

hi girls. wasnt sure which forum would be able to help me with this but decided that at some point you may have had this problem too and know what to do for the best.

i have just found out im pregnant and due in jan when my son will be 18 months. so i will be buying a double buggy for them both. now i would prefer a side by side as i wouldnt want the baby to only see the back of his brothers head once they can sit up! but someone said to me that it would be hard to push and steer due to the differnce in weight on either side!!!! did any of you have this problem? it wasnt even something i had considered would be a problem but i guess it sounds like it might be right!!

anyway any help would be great.

Replies

• I don't have a side by side, I have a Graco stadium duo. They are good, but bloody heavy if you have to go up a hill and also can be difficult to lift the front wheels to get up a curb as you're supposed to put the eldest child in the front seat.
    On the up side you can get in and out of normal sized doors and as it's the same width as a normal pushchair you don't have to have your arms wide apart to reach the handles.
    Not really the answer you were looking for but I thought I'd share anyway.
  • I had a mothercare side by side and felt like one arm muscle was huge and the other no exisitant lol..the weight variation seemed huge to me lol.
    I did push a friends 3 wheeler side by side and it was actually suprisingly smooth and well balanced.

I must admit I dont like the front and back ones as like you I dont like the thought of baby looking at someones head the whole time when its bigger lol . that and you need extra long arms to reach the child in front quickly lol...if like ds1 when he was in the pushchair..a perfect escape artist lol!
  • oooh sorry forgot to say CONGRATS on your pregnancy and hope you have a H & H 9 months xx
  • hi hun i had a hauck duo roadster sl or something like that it looked like a double version of bugaboo frog with winnie the pooh seat covers easy to push and so light weight only issue was if you had to go up a curb you had to turn round so you were pulling it up if that makes sense!

as your toddler is going to be mobile have you considered a buggy pod or stokke bike instead??

buggy pod is like a lil side car for your pram for toddler to sit in and they cost around ??80 or a stokke bike is like a bike that clips to pram so older child just sits n rides behind pram next to you. i have had both and loved both!!! the only critisism is with stokke bike (think they call them stroli riders? try ebay stoke bike strolli rider?) if toddler riding the bilke falls asleep then they fall off !

anyway hope some of that helps lol

xxxxxx
  • have never heard of a buggy pod or the bike thingie will check them out though. someone gave me graco staduim duo a month or so ago as they wanted rid of it and i planned to either use it hopefully at some point or sell it. i would happily use this for the first 6 months or so as it folds as small as my graco single buggy and fits in my v small boot. plus it was free which is my fave price!!! will also look into the 3 wheeler ones too.

• hiya
    i have had a few doubles over the years.The best I have had is the jet pulse from mamas and papas. Fo some reason it is really easy to push even with different weights. The wheels are really swivellery (is that a word?) the hood i a bit of a pain but it has been by far the best.

Congrats on your pregnncy...enjoy!

d x