Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

for mummys of 4 or more :-)

hi ladies, hope you and broods are well. Just a quick question. I'm due my 4th babba 1st dec and am worrying about how bad will my after pains be. I've been told they get worse the more you have and i found the after pains bad enough from number 3 so i'm dreading number 4 being even worse. So my question is.... Are they? Or about the same as your 3rd? Thanks very much for helping me prepare xx

Replies

• Mind were about the same pain wise, but they lasted a few days longer than after no3.
    My womb relaxed a few hour after having this lo, so maybe that's why they lasted longer?!?
    Hope the remainder of you pg is happy and healthy.
  • No'3's after pains were bloomin awful but with no'4 I actually didnt have any!!!!!!! or if I did they just didnt register with my pain barrier lol lol

good luck for the next months, hope all is well xxxxxxxxxxx
  • sorry to say but mine were worse with no4 but everyone is different x good luck x
  • Hi mine where not to bad .Try not to worry huni! image
  • Oh I was thinking about how bad the afterpains are going be next time too image Ouch!!! x x x
  • Thanks ladies for your replys. I guess only time will tell how bad mine will be. Heres to hoping i'm a lucky lady ;-] xx
  • i was the same as babs they wr really bad after number 3 but absolutely none after number 4 xx
  • mine were quite bad with number 4. Mainly because he was a very quick arrival and i then hemorrhaged and my womb would not contract so I was given medication and took to theatre to manilpulate the womb with the Drs hand...gross!!!!!!!! I think the mixture of all these things made my after pains very severe. They only lasted a few days though and were worse when I was feeding him.
    good luck

d xxxx
  • mine were quite bad with number 4. Mainly because he was a very quick arrival and i then hemorrhaged and my womb would not contract so I was given medication and took to theatre to manilpulate the womb with the Drs hand...gross!!!!!!!! I think the mixture of all these things made my after pains very severe. They only lasted a few days though and were worse when I was feeding him.
    good luck

d xxxx
  • thanks for you replys ladies. I think that's what worrying me abit about this one dee dee. I'm that with num3 i had to have my placenta removed manually and he was a very quick labour too. The midwifes have already warned me that i could find the same needing to happen this too because with no2 not all my placenta came out straight away so i had to have a d&c a few weeks later when i was discovered and then like said with ds3 it just refused to come away at all and i found the after pains so painfull especially when feeding so with the midwife saying this one may do the same i'm a nervous wreck already image lol x
  • My afterpains were bad after number 4 but I think that was partly as I had retained pacenta so was still 'in labour' trying to reject it.

Hope all goes well for you this time. xx
  • I think mine were about the same with baby 4 as they were with baby3.
    Try not to get too worked up about it, I know its hard to do, but hopefully for you it will be OK and not really any worse xxxx
  • the good thing is that they know you might have problems so they can be prepared. They may even put you up on a drip to counteract any blood loss. Also, dont be afraid to ask for pain killers. After pains are genuine so make sure they give you something strong to get through them.

Fingers crossed you will be fine. Even tho the pains are bad during labour and after sometimes, just remember the bigger picture which is the end result....a baby!

d x