Forum home General Chat General chat

Sleeping rant...sorry!!!)

Oh my dear god, for the last week my two darling daughters have played up something rotten at bed time. I dont mean they wont go to bed, we do the whole bedtime routine perfectly!! Its just as soon as their door is shut "ping they are wide awake" laughing, playing boo under the covers etc last night it went on until 8.50pm. Now I know thats not late but they are up at 6am this morning and I can see what a bad day we are going to have....dd1 is winding ds up and dd2 is having a strop at the slightest thing....aaaarrggghhhhh!
Normally my kids go to bed and sleep symple, I rarley get any bedtime problems! Ok so yesterday was very exciting for them too finding out we are having a baby etc but they were shatterd come 7pm bedtime..................I was too lol!!!

No need to reply just having a moan, Its another phase I know but hell when I need my sleep and an early night they play up lol its always the way lol!!!!!

Replies

• Aw hun its hard work when you're tired, i think its the hols as my dd is being a pain she used to go at 8.30 on a school night with no problems, but we let her have til 9 pm and then it starts up and down like a yo yo and carries on when she has to go back up, she woke the boys last night as they go at 8 together and are really good so had to settle them back down it was nearly 11 pm before she went to sleep.

She would lie in bed til 9 am though, so i dreag her out at 7.30 to make her tired for the night but then she is tired and grumpy all day and we gwet the tears and tantrums when she is like that, but if i let her lie in she wont be tired ubtil late again you just cant win

At least i dont have to get up to early with the boys as they have been sleepng til 7.30 8 oclock which is nice.

Glad everything went ok at the scan, i bet the kids were really excited at the news.
    vikki xx
  • Hi, Vikkijane

I think its just a shock to my system not being able to just get an early night if I needed it this week !!!!

Trouble is my girls are shattered today, and I know it wont be worth giving them an early night!!