Forum home General Chat General chat

anyone out there got 5 or more kids?

hi has anyone got 5 children or more?

i have just found out i am expecting my fifth, i'm not a believer in abortion and i honestly think i wouldn't be able to go through with one, and i am also disgusted with myself for even contemplating one.

my kids are 10, 8, 2 1/2, and 5 months.

i have no doubts in my ability to cope with them all as my eldest daughter will be closer to 11 when this baby is born, my due dat is 2 weeks after my youngests first birthday, but my youngest 2 children both arrived at 35 weeks.

how did you tell everyone and how did they all react?

xxx

Replies

• First congratulations!

I know there are a couple ladies on here with five or more. I only have four, but we really want a fifth. I hope as you get used to the idea the pregnancy becomes more of a positive, it sounds like you are feeling a little stressed.

Both my dh and I come from large families and both our mums are sort of eager grandmothers who would be very welcoming of a dozen more so to speak. But even with number three and number four I have received my fair share of stupid comments off of random people in supermarkets and on the street. Stupid remarks like don't you know what causes that, and comments to suggest we have our children for benefits money ( both dh and I work we don't claim anything extra). Babies are such incredible blessing though, so stuff the lot who say anything negative, it's their loss they can't appreciate the wonderfulness of a new person full of potential.

Huge hugs and wishing you an easy and happy 9 months.

xx
  • hi huge congrats..

i am pregnant with number 8!!!!lol

ppl say to me im mad,stupid,etc but i love all my kids, i work full time from home dont claim benefits except CB like most ppl get..

i get lots of comments but hey who cares..mine are 17,14,12,11,4,1 year old twins lol...i even have to buy a triple buggy now...OMG i must be mad..

anyway enjoy your baby dont worry what others say.good luck and congrats again..

me1975 xx

[Modified by: me1975 on August 21, 2010 12:57 AM]

• Hi there
    I have 5 kids aged 19, 17, 6, 4 and 2. I was sterilised after the 5th.

It depends on who is commenting as to how I react. If a friend/family member say something like.....don't you have a tv in your house OR do you know what contraception is etc..... I just laugh it off as its not worth getting upset over.
    If a stranger says it and I am in a bad mood I will say something like
    We just like lots of sex... soon shuts them up!!! ha ha

When I fell pregnant with Amelia (my 5th) I was worried how others would react. I was shocked and amazed by the positive comments that I received. A lot of older women told me that they wished they had had more kids. One ex friend asked me if I needed an abortion clinic! Other than that we recieved lots of support and our families were thrilled.

It is hard work and there are times that I wonder how life would be with just one or 2 kids. We have just been out for the day and it was lovely as we only took 2 of the kids. It was sooooooooo easy. I could not believe it. I held the hand of one and OH held the other. We were in Durham Cathedral and the Rev started chatting to us. When he found out we had 5 kids he put his hands on my shoulders and said to me 'you are truley blessed from God' it was quite emotional...

Anyway, enough waffle. Congrats and welcome to Large Families

d xxx
  • congratulations xxxxxxxx
  • tx for all your positive comments.

i actually was on contraception and its was doctors error, i conceived both of my older 2 whilst on the pill, and i pointed that out to the doctor and he advised the patch saying it was different.

strangers i can deal with, and i although there are a couple of my friends that will have an opinion, they will only ever voice this once and then offer me support.

my mum knows and when i had explained the situation she was very understanding, and pointed out that she would make the same choice i have.

my main concern is my grandma, she is very opinionated and likes to voice her opinion no matter how it makes other people feel, and she's a constant mentioner, (throughout the whole of my last pregnancy she constantly asked me if 'i was sure it was planned' which it was.)

also i know my dad and his girlfriend and also my step-dad will have a very negative opinion.

i just cant be doing with the stress, this is going to be a hard enough pregnancy as it is with already having a toddler and baby.

i have already decided that i'm not telling anyone until i absolutely have to, and i'm hoping that this way it will put my gran in her place when it does come out, because she will ask why i didn't tell her sooner and i will give her an honest answer. my cousin is also pregnant at the mo, with a bloke she only met a few weeks before conceiving, and is constantly on and off with, and living in a hostel and claiming state benefits and she doesn't have a negative opinion for her, but me who has a house, is married to a man that works 6 days a week to pay for his family and a lot older, i get the neg comments. xxx
  • I'm 24 weeks pregnant with my 4th but just wanted to say a huge congratulations to you!!! x x x
  • Congrats huni ,i got my bfp yesterday with number 6!! ekkk.lol
  • congrats charlm and mummy2.5..fab news both of you xxxxxxx
  • CONGRATULATIONS!

I have 5 children (5,4,3,22mnth and 8mnth).

I get alot of comments when im out and about especially with my triple buggy! lol.. but I could not care less what people think of me!

I always wanted a large family as did my husband and we are more than happy.. they are a blessing to us! I think because mine are so young and I am 25 that people think they can pass judgement! On the other hand they are the minority because the majority of people say they wish they would have had a more kids and some say really nice things... my kid's are all loved so much... and I am even contemplating number 6 now image
  • hay ther, i am expectin my 7th baby im only 32, i felt funny about tellen ppl as well and i was scared wot they wud say about me, but then i realised who cares wot they think or say? as long as u and ur kids r happy thats all that matters xx
  • Im a teacher (pregnant with my first) and I teach several children who are from large families. One child in particular has 12 brothers and sisters. The oldest child is my age and has children of their own and the youngest is about 3. I have so much respect for the parents, not because they 'cope' with having so many children, but because of what amazing parents they are. All of the children are cherished and the parents spend quality time with each of them. At parents evening, it is clear that the children are so well supported at home. I have taught five of them and they are all so different, the thing that amazes me is that every time I speak to one of the parents they just know their children so well. I know that money is tight for this family, and their daily routine is chaotic. But, the children are lovely children and they are inspirational. I know my reply isnt much help to your original question, but I just wanted to say that not everyone is judgemental regarding large families xxx
  • huge congratulations...

i found out yesterday i am pregant with my 5th....

but 1st with my partner (his 1st)

love and best wishes to everyone xxxxxx
  • It feels like ages ago since I last replied to this thread. Lol

I am now due with baby no 5 myself.

How are you ladies doing and charlm have you had your wee bundle yet?

xx
  • Charlm lost her little boy at 20 weeks (I think it was 20)
  • so sorry i replied before i read the whole thread.

• Hi,

I have got 4 children aged 5,4,3 and 8 months. I thought my partner would never say he didnt want anymore and go for the snip, but whilst i was pregnant with baby no 4 he almost ran to the doctors to book in, feeling we were now complete as a family.

unfortunatly the clinic would not preform the operation until the baby was 12 weeks old. As soon as the baby passed this point he went and had the op in june. He was due to give his sample for testing on the 30th sept, when i found out i was oregnant on the 29th sept after feeling very tired all week!

I am now 12 weeks and due to have my first scan next week, we have told close friends and his mum but i darent tell my family, i just cant bring myself to do it incase they all scream, shout, rant judge????? i dont no maybe even dissapoint them???

i am only 25, but i couldnt have an abortion after lokking at my gorgeous other children.

sorry to rant on .......

suppose i should stop trying to forget about it and face up to it but dont know how, think we had faced up to our family being complete and now about to expand again

louise x
  • hello ladies, i am back, now expecting my 6th bubba, i know my 5th is sleeping with the angels but he was still my baby and i still count him.

very very anxious and nervous this time, but the hospital are really going to town with me this time xxx
  • hi Charlm i read through this thread a few months ago but didn't get around to posting. congratulations on your pregnancy wishing you all the best. I am currently expecting baby no7 in July (well no8 really cause no2 was an angel baby)
  • Hi I am 27 yr old have 5 kids age 7btwins of 6 a 5yr old and a 6 mth old and my family hate it that I have them but I love them and me and there dad work so don't get nothing from job centre we are thinking about baby no 6 

Let pll talk I have had ppl ask me if all my kids have the  same dad I think that is wrong my kids do have the same dad but i f I had 5kids but all different dad that is up to me my kids are loved and well looked after don't want for nothing so I love a big family so good luck don't let others get you down good luck 

•  Join - 5 Kids or more    ....on face book