Forum home General Chat General chat

Car Sickness

Hello Ladies, my youngest daughter who is 13months is suffering with car sickness - sometimes we can go 20 miles and nothing then other times she will be sick after only a couple of miles. The school run is a nightmare (about 16miles round trip lots of winding roads). I've tried to avoid travelling when she is just fed and try to avoid milk before getting in the car as these things seem to make it worse. She is fine then goes drip white and just pukes - i feel just awful for her, it began when she went from a rear to forward facing car seat. I make sure she get lots of fresh air whilst in the car but that doesn't seem to help. Any travel tips ladies, remedies etc many thanks.
Jo xxx

Replies

• Amazingly enough non of my 5 have suffered from this. However a friend of mine had a little girl who was about the same age when she started puking.

She found the things that helped the most were,

sun blinds at her window so she cant see out too much

reclining her seat as much as possible seemed to help

a dvd player on the seat head in front of her. If she is watching that then she is not looking at the moving landscape outside.

she did get a anti sickness pessary from the Dr's but this was only to be used occassionaly so not really an everyday answer.

Hope someone else has some better tips for you
  • We have tinted rear windows but she can still see through so will get some blinds, there are DVD players built into the headrests but i usually only let the children watch as a treat so may have to use them more, i'll also try to make sure i recline Iris' seat to see if that helps.
    Thank You x