Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO Jo jo mummy

Hi,

Just been nosey here so please forgive me!!! I noticed you are from North Yorkshire and just wondered where. I live just outside of Yarm when I am home in the UK. This is just on the NY border but classed as Stockton On Tees. I grew up in this area. My kids went to Yarm Prep and Grammar school when we lived here (the older 2). The younger 3 were all born in Bahrain and attend St Christophers school there.

My eldest is 19 and is training to be a teacher in Early Years. She is at Edgehill studying Early Years with QTS. Its a tough course as its now only 3 years. She is loving it though. She is such a laid back easy going girl (no idea where she gets it from) that teaching little ones is ideal for her. Did you enjoy it when you were working still?

You are doing really well to be on your 4th and still so young and fab looking (stole a look at your bump pics) I have 5 but they are spread out from 19 to 2. I am 41 now and don't look so fab these days.. However, when I have lost the 3 stone I plan to lose I will be a yummy if somewhat older mummy..lol

dxxxx

Replies

• I'm in yorkshire but near holmfirth west yorkshire. I did a degree then pgce, loved primary school teaching and did loads of supply work although only did it for a few years before having my first and not gone back.
    Your daughter is lucky going to edgehill, its a great place, lovely campus. Many of my friends went there and i had many good nights out in liverpool pre children.
    I'm one of five and had a great childhood, were all grown up now (40, 37, 33, 29, 24) but so close even with 16 years between eldest and youngest - we planned to have 2 close together then a gap and two close together but nature thought differently lol,
    Jo x
  • tell me about it. I was sterilised after having my last as it was the only way to ensure I did not fall pregnant again. I love been pregnant and having babies but enough was enough.
    My biggest gap is between my 2 daughters. Lauren was 17 just 2 days before Amelia made her early and dramatic entrance into the world. it was weird when Lauren had her 18th as Amelia was 1 just days later. The frugal side of me had a cake made in a 1 and a 8. We had it out as 18 for Lauren and only cut the 8. We got the 1 out for Amelia as her 1st birthday cake.. not many people can do that.

Lauren loves Edgehill and is having a ball so far. She is in her 2nd year this year so fingers crossed she will stick at it and do well. My eldest son Chris is due to get his GCSE results a week today...aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Lauren loves Edgehill.
  • the Atlantis is supposed to be lovely. My husband often has meetings there and says the restaurant that has an aquariam in is amazing. A friend of mine who has 4 small kids stayed there earlier this year. The swam with dolphins and had an amazing time. I think there is a fair bit of building but the whole of Dubai is like that tho a lot of it is at a standstill.
    The Madinat is another lovely place. We have stayed at the Royal Meridian which was lovely. Another nice place (I may have spelt it wrong) is Fujeriah. Its outside Dubai and quite a trek to get to it. However, its amazing. Set on the foot of hills and mountains it is right on the beach. We stayed at the Royal Meridian which has a penguin club for litlle ones and lovely parks, pools and beaches. The only drawback is you cant go into Dubai and buy copy bags, sunnies etc..

D x