Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

If money wasnt an issue.how many?

morning ladies

just wondering if money wasnt an issue and you had the space how many children do you think you would have
i think i would have one more after this one to try for a boy (feel bad even writing that down)wouldnt mind if no5 was a another girl but i think that would still be my limit xxx

emma xxxx

Replies

• I think I would take it one child at a time and evaluate how much I can manage and how my body is feeling but I don't think I would limit myself, it would simply be taken as it comes. I had my first at 20 and so I think I would stop purposely some where around thirty just to keep the children close in age and because it would be nice to eventually have some me time sometime after my 50th birthday lol.
  • hi, well money isnt an issue really for us, because i think you just find a way to manage, we were really poor many yrs agao when we had my daughter 16 yrs ago glad to say we are slighlty better off now lol but it didnt matter, we also have the room we have 5 bedrooms, so i could easily double all the kids up and go to 8!! but i wont as i just couldnt go through the whole pregnancie thing again its been a nightmare, and i am getting too old now!!!
  • i think that would have a few more. i have 5 at the mo. but room is tight, as for money i agree with chloe 123 that you always manage and muddle through. we had our first 2 and was living on ??24 a week. but now we are much better off , not rich but comfy. xx
  • I think if money & space werent an issue that 5 would probably be my ideal.

Hilary x
  • If money and space werent an issue I think I would quite like another 1 maybe 2.
  • what about having quality one on one time for each of your children being a more important factor than space or money... time is priceless
  • I think if I had the space I'd have another 3 which would make 6. I have a half sister but she is alot older than me and left home when I was 9.

So I spent a lot of my childhood on my own. And though my parents had all the time in the world for me they weren't what I needed-I would have loved some brothers and sisters around as company.
    xx
  • i grew up with 4 siblings, and it was great!!! there was always someone around to play with, talk with and obviously squabble with, i'm due to give birth in april to no 4 but wouldn't rule out ttc no5 if only we had the room. all my children get quality one on one time with both me and my husband, i don't think the amount of children i have affects that!!!
  • Probably 5 or 6 maybe?? I think realistically we will stop at 4 unless in a few years time we can afford more, but at the mo we havnt got the space for ne more than 4 children really. x x x
  • quality one to one time goes without saying xx
  • ive always wanted 5 and tbh even if I had the money it would still be 5.

Even if I had the money I wouldnt have a nanny to lookafter them either, they are my kids I look after them.

I would get a private tutor though as my education wasnt up to much and I love the thought of my kids getting extra tuition if it would help them later on(of course if I had the money i would be sooo posh and they would go to swanky private schools lol not!!)

• what about having quality one on one time for each of your children being a more important factor than space or money... time is priceless

hi im one of eleven
    my parents both worked (awful car accident put a stop to that a couple of years back) but all of us have had quality one to one time with mum and dad and best of all we have had each other now no matter how moody or tired i feel there are 16 people who think im amazing and who love me just for being me. my parents my 10 siblings my husbund and my 3 gorgeous babiesxxxxx
  • Well said lollyhatch. I agree it is difficult to find one to one time for each child, but we do it and they all have one to one time when they want/need it, having said that on the odd occasion there is just one of them around they are always wanting one of the others back
  • I would ideally like four (am just growing number two now, so still some way to go!) I am a twin and one of four children and I loved growing up in a busy house with lots of others around me.
  • probably just the one more, money and space not really and issue but car space is and neither my self or hubby are keen on the 7 seaters
  • i have been sterilised at number 5 as that is enough for me. If my body could take more \i would have had a few more but, with my last one we both nearly died and my obs doc advised a sterilisation during the c section. I am 40 this year too so time to call it a day. I had my first at 21 and think its time for some quality time for me...never mind the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I think pumpkin is forgetting that when you have siblings you get quality time from them as well as your parents. I am one of 4 and I was never alone, scared, bored etc.. there was always someone to talk too, share with, fight with and generally learn from. I love big families and tho I have total respect for anyone who only wants one child, I on the other hand could never do that.
    I make sure each of my children spend some time alone with me or OH during the day. Even if its just 10 min to read their book or help chop some veg etc... I resent someone trying to suggest that parents of large famlies are neglectful!!!! The more people you have in your life the more you learn to love and, the more you are loved.....thats a fact !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d xxx
  • i only have 1 atm and 1 on the way i always said if money and space wasnt an issue i would have loads maybe 9 or 10 or just as many as my body would let me. my dh is one of 9 i am one of 3 my mum said if she'd had the money she would've had more i always wanted a sister so i wish tried again but that was obviously up to her. and if i had althose babies i would definately make sure they all go the attention they need i loved children and i would also consider adopting if money and space wasnt an issue x