Forum home General Chat General chat

Hi Sally (andlion)

Replies

• Lucy,

When Amber had constant diahreahh due to the soya intollerance, we were advised to give her Dioralyte she happily drank it as it was blackcurrent flavoured and basically lived onit for about a month! The doctors were amazed at how hydrated she was considering how poorly she was so i'd reccomend that!
  • By the way girls, did you know that the plastic toddler bibs( the soft thin ones) can go in the dishwasher?
    Sorry if thats old news but I discovered it by accident.
    Katelin had obviously decided it needed a good clean and had put it in the D/W without me realising. Its come out perfect. No sign of melting or anything.and is spotlessly clean. Will definately do that next time.
  • Thanks for that Tasha. Is it for little ones or is it general?
  • I'm not sure but Amber first had it at 9 weeks old then again at about 8 months, i think it's for general usage but gives seperate directions for use depending on the age.
  • Thanks Tasha, That name rings a bell so it may well be that i've seen.

Lucy, that made me laugh, katelin and the dishwasher. Charl does that with the tumble dryer, I often take a load out and find dog toys or teddy bears!!
  • I think your looking for diralite(spelling)

Ive dont me washing just dryig and will iron sat somtime,still hovering round just rileys room to do then think about dinner,something quick and easy to clean after.
  • So Sally,

How has your day been?

Zoe
  • Gosh Tasha, does that seem like another world away now, when Amber was so poorly?
    Katelin is poorly at the mo as you know, but she's not smiley and happy like Amber was. She's very Grumpy.
  • girls I just got some fab bargains!!!! I went in the charity shop and they were doing videos 4 for £1. I got a pingu boxset and 101 dalmations and the aristocrats. Then I just saw this basket with odds and ends in and was having a root around and there was this pair of clarks 'first shoes' practically brand new. I took them up to the counter and the lady said oh they're 20p!!!! I was well chuffed. Then got loads more half price bargains in boots but I won't bore you all! I do love my bargains though!! XXX
  • Hi Nicola,

How fab!! I like bargins too. We sometimes go to car boot sales and we have got Thomas videos for 20p, we even got a Thomas etch a sketch thing, 4 videos and a load of thomas trains and carriages that were in mint condition for ten pounds!! We were so chuffed with that buy and apart from the videos they are still in use now 3 1/2 years later!!

I take it you've had a good day then?
  • well apart from being exhausted (luka still teething!) yes that did make my day. And tate has been v.well behaved the last few days too which is nice, we had a nice morning at toddler group too. How about you? I didn't hear about Jack's school trip did he get on well?
    xx
  • Sorry, I thought I had.

He loved it, which isn't surprising. He said he saw sharks, lots of fish, baby sea horses and one turtle! Very specific.

He came home with s goody bag too which had a sealife book, pencil, rubber,etc in. He's told us we are all to go back!!
  • Hi Lucy
    I was just chatting with a friend today who's daughter had similaR probs to Amber she said that this time next year, i'll wonder how on earth i coped with Amber that poorly! To be honest i feel that way already and I can't believe how far she's come in a short time

The trouble is, i'm getting impatient now and hate having to wait 2 weeks between introducing new foods! We're getting there though!!
  • Dont blame you Tasha,I would be impatient too.
    So what has she had so far is it potato,cauliflower,pear and whats next on the menu?
    Must have been nice for you to talk to someone who's been through it and come out the other side.
  • Yep that's the 3 foods she's on!! I've finally got Gillan to agree that she can have chips on her birthday the dietitian suggested them as long as they're cooked in pure oil! And today she had pear juice, the water from cooking her pears! So it's amazing what you can do with a limited diet!

On monday she'll be going onto carrot but as they're high in complex sugars, it will be a very limited amount, still i'm looking forward to it, mainly for the fact she'll be having something with colour and not just white!!!!!

how's Katelin doing now?? x x x
  • Tasha, you are doing an amazing job with Amber. Im so happy she is now tolerating these new foods. I bet you will be amazed what she is having this time next year. Might even be tucking into her first ever easter egg!! How fab xxx
  • Hi Tasha!
    How exciting for you both! Chips and carrot!!!
    I am going to introduce different foods to Bronwyn next week, lentils, cheese and tomatoes!!!! Plus pasta!!! Can't wait!
  • Oh Nicola, i can't tell you how fab that would be to be able to give her some thing as normal as an easter egg! She may well still be lactose intollerant but to be able to give her any sort of treat, especially shop bought or cafe bought so she can be 'normal' and eat out, would be amazing!!

I should plan to put a post on this time next year and compare the difference in her!

I'll keep you all posted to how the chips and carrot goes!!!
  • how exciting. Luka absolutely loves pasta. I like those little tiny mini stars by anabel karmel you can get a little packet in boots and can mix them with anything. I am really guilty of giving them only foods I like so need to be more adventurous xx
  • oooh yes do Tasha,or a picture of her with the chips would be great! She's so adorable. Not long now til your 'baby' is one! It goes so fast doesn't it. Is she running around now after taking her first steps?

How was it on the bus by the way (i've probably missed a post about it already!!!)
    xx