Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Why doesnt he understand??

As you know yesterday i did a car boot. I left dh with the kids, i came home to the house being a complete tip (whatever it will soon tidy up!!)
He then informs me that Lydia didnt wake til 10:10am but he hadnt given her any breakfast as it was so close to dinner time (it was 11;30) So i told him it doesnt matter if its bloody 5:30 in the morning she still has to have breakfast. so anyway i sorted Lydia out her demolishing 2 wheetabix then a sandwich a yoghurt and an apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He then tells me that George has had 1/2 sleep, whilst George was alseep, Lydia was still in bed so he went back to bed (ok fine)
BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George was aslepp on the sofa

and knobhead went back to bed leaving George by himslef. To say i was furious is an understatment. I tried explaining that he should know that kids have a habit of touching things, tasting things etc etc
I am still not talking to him!

Replies

• OMG men just don't have common sense when it comes to children, saying that i don't think Tony would go to bed and leave Jessica asleep on the sofa!

Does he understand why you are upset!
  • I'm not surprised you are not talking to him.!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats shocking!
    I would kill my husband if he did that.
    I hope he knows now how unsafe that is and understands why you are so upset and cross.
  • Omg,what was he thinking.
    Well we have all said it once and now again MEN!!! what will we do with them.
  • That is awful, surely he must have an ounce of sense to realise he shouldnt have left him there. Sounds like you didnt have a good day yesterday. I hope he realises and understands why you are uspset.
    Sending you a bug cyber hug ( )xx
  • They just don't see it half the time, I get so mad trying to explain to my husband why it is NOT okay to do things like that and all I get is 'you worry too much', I could strangle him sometimes, I am with you and I know exactly what you mean xxx
  • Men!!!!!!!!! They just don't get it, do they!!

I have a friend who had a similar problem. She went on a course for work and when she came back found that her other half hadn't fed the kids lunch or tea as they hadn't told him that they were hungry! They had been allowed to help themselves to crisps and sweets instead!!
  • Men!!!! That is terrible Sarah, but I bet Terry would do the same, he's always looking for a way to get an extra 'sleep in' I have to keep reminding him he's not a toddler and doesn't need daytime naps!!!!