Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

A proud moment

Yesterday we went to Sheffield stock car racing and Jack was asked to present the trophy to winner of the final. As you can imagine for a little boy who is obsessed by the sport it was a dream come true and he was really looking forward to it.

So here is a photo of Me and Jack with Stuart Smith Jnr who is the current world champion and winner of the final. He was very good with Jack and even let him keep the trophy after the photo was taken.

Replies

• I bet you were so proud Zoe and im really glad he enjoyed it, hope he was not to nervous xx
  • Hi Simone,

He was surprisingly not nervous at all, but really excited. The drivers are all so approachable so it's easy to approach them and i think that helps. Because of his age we had to go with him onto the track which was quite funny as we had to climb through the fence!!! A friend filmed the momentous occasion for us too so Jack has a lovely keepsake for the future.

Hope you are ok. xx
  • Sounds like you had a really great day.
    Glad Jack enjoyed it. Bet it was lovely to see him in his element.
    I guess he cant wait till the next one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ah bless him!
  • That's fantastic Zoe, what a real treat for him!!!!!

Well done Jack
  • Wow,bet he was well chuffed.Its nice you had pics and even the film as a keep sake.
  • Oh Zoe that's really nice, and so nice of the driver to let Jack keep the trophy too. I bet he was thrilled with that. It sounds like you had a really good day. xx
  • One thing I forgot to say was that as part of the kids club we have also been asked if we will allow Jack to be a mascot for one of the drivers at this years world final. They are going to get all the drivers to have a child from the kids club as a mascot and drive round the track with them on there lap of honnor before the race begins!! James said yes straight away!! We will know 3 weeks before who his driver will be then we'll have to get Jack dressed up in the drivers colours. The World Final will be in September in Ipswich, we haven't told Jack yet as the number of sleeps will drive me mad!!!!!!!!!
  • Wow thats gonna be great fun for him,he will total love that.Didnt realise Ipswich did things like that.Will you make a weekend of it then.
  • Wow that is great. He is going to be so excited when you finally tell him. It will definately drive you mad, but will all be worth it when you see his face. How can you keep that from him, i would be bursting to tell him.
  • Zoe, have you got any race meets in the south at all???
    As Simone and I could come along too hehehe(nothing like inviting yourself is there?)
  • Hi Karen, it is hard not to tell him but he would want it to be next weekend and September is such a long way away, it would only upset him.

When we know who the driver is we will tell him then, 3 weeks we can cope with!!

Emma, We won't make a weekend of it as we will have to get someone to have Charl overnight for us so will have to come back for her. It will be great fun and Jack's first world final.
  • There will be some at Northampton but not sure which ones i'll go to. Will have to get back to you on that.
  • Any a little more south??
  • Although Northampton might be better as Tasha and Kas could come too. Ooohhh what fun!!!! a big meet!!!!
  • I've just been looking at the fixture list and the answer is no i'm afraid. I don't go to that many at the minute with Charlotte to have. We take her to tracks we know she's ok at as she lives in the pits!!!!! Such a tomboy my little girl!!
  • Im sure we are all destined to meet at some point lucy.LOL

Zoe charl does soung like a lil tomboy,but sometimes thats best so you wont worry so much.Bet she loves it to.
  • Zoe, that is fair enough didnt realise it was that far away. It's hard to explain to young children that they have to wait. His face is going to be a picture when you tell him though, it will be brillant.

xx
  • Ahhhhhhhhhhh thats so cool Zoe, bet Jack was buzzing afterwards
  • That's great Zoe! I bet Jack is still grinning from the excitement!

After all that, I am going to be one mega let down!!!! Maybe i should rub some grease on my face, get some dirty overalls and borrow a banger!!!!