Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

omg!! Where have all the snowflakes gone?!!

Is that how long I have been gone? that PP actually got round to up dating the site????? That's terrible!! hehehe!

Missed you all and hope you are all well.

For those that don't know me, I am Emma, Mum to William and sophie and a regular on here except when I am doing one of my wedding stationary orders (like at the mo!!)

Wedding is in 10 days so will be back on with a vengeance asap!

What have you all been up to as I can't possibly catch up on all the 86 posts that I have missed?!

emma x x

Replies

• Options
    she's also my twin but forgot to state that!!! hmmmmphhh!
  • Options
    Sorry! She's the bossy one and I'm the quiet lovely one! LOL LOL LOL
  • Options
    I hope my twins don't bicker like you two. lol.

How's the order going Emma, are you on schedule?
  • Options
    Hi Emma, how are you doing? It seems like ages since we've had a chat! I keep meaning to pm you see how you are getting on! We are all fine. Looks like me and Terry are now getting married!!! we looked at the venue yesterday and should be booking it! So lots of bargain hunting to do now.
  • Options
    Hi Em,

How are you getting on? We havent been up to much this end, except a huge unplanned spring clean lol.

Hope you are all well. I only noticed the snowflakes were gone yesterday not sure when they actucally took them away.

xx
  • Options
    Hi sally and Nicola,

Nicola, just answered your post, so pleased for you, when is the big day?
    Will post pics of the wedding I have been doing later!

Sally, I remember saying hi to you when you first came on but have definately missed your 'double whammy' news! That's fantastic and congratulations! Tasha is actually one of my best friends, hasn't always been that way but i definately wouldn't cahnge being a twin for the world!!

x
    x
  • Options
    Hi karen,

It is SOOOOO good to be back on but very naughty as not quite finished yet! Going to do it in hour stints today, then have a break by popping on here!

Getting on really well, everything is made, just got to tie 200 bows and thread 200 wired swarovski crystals today - argghh!!

Hopefully may be abkle to post some piccies asap. Can't wait to show it all off!!

x x x
  • Options
    Blimey em!!!! ahhhhhhhh
  • Options
    50 down ............ hehehe!
  • Options
    Thanks Emma - that's lovely to hear about twins.

I've been reading up lots and it sounds like the first year sounds difficult but then I got onto the section about toddlers and it made it sound like hell. One book gives the impression that they will both gang up on me and just laugh when I'm telling them off!

I'm not sure it can all be like that though. I'm just hoping that they'll know who the boss is and be nice.

I'm sure that when the pressure is on your job seems less pleasant but overall it sounds like a lovely way to earn a living.
  • Options
    Sally,
    I have a friend who has twins and another who had 2 children 10 months apart! And it's definately the one with the twins that finds it the easiest. The babies won't know any differently, all they will have known is having each other and you looking after them both at the same time. Same for you (I presume, they are your firsts?!!) Just start as you mean to go on!

This isn't actually my job, I really work full time in my 3 craft shops - the wedding stationary is just a side line!!
    It is the best bit though, I am very proud of this particular one as I have been left to design it all myself and am being paid to be there on the day (may 10th) to set up the menus and napkins etc so it's very exciting!
  • Options
    Sally im sure the early weeks will be the hardest, will you have people on hand to help you rest? As you will need it. I think it some ways it will be easier than having the 18month gap that I had, as they will be at the same stage roughly at the same time. I must admit im dreading luka walking in a way. Now when we go to the park I only have one toddler to run after!!! When I have them both going in seperate directions I will be tearing my hair out no doubt!!! Hopefully you will be able to get them eating and sleeping at the same time as they get older.
  • Options
    Thanks Emma and Nicola.

Yes, they are my first, Emma. Wow - 3 craft shops! That's even better. I'm so envious. It will be lovely to be there on the day and seeing the your work in it's proper setting. Can't wait to see some photos.
  • Options
    Nicola, My husband is self-employed and so is putting in as much time now as he can so that he can take time off after the babies are born.

Also, my Mum is finishing work in the summer and plans to be 'on-hand' for as long as I need her. My mum and dad have just bought a canal boat to live on. They were planning on going off on their travels as soon as they had retired but these babies have put a bit of a spanner in the works!

Owen's mum and dad will be great too and will offer any help we need.

So yes, I will have plenty of help which is a relief!