Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

We're going to do it!

Hi everyone!! We went to see the wedding venue yesterday. Love it! It was gorgeous old house, we would have the full use of place and terry can do his own food. So we have gone ahead and booked it!!! Terry didn't even have to propose. Im so happy and excited.

Lots of bargain hunting to do now!!

Replies

That's fabulous news nicola!!

remember, I would be very happy to do you some invites or help you out with ideas etc!

congrats again, are the boys excited?
    x
    x
  • Oh waw, congratulations. I am so pleased for you both. When have you booked the big day for then?

xx

wow that's fantastic, when's the big day??!!

xxxxxxx
  • Congratulations Nicola!

Is it the venue you posted a link to a while back? It looked fantastic.
  • Hi girls, 18th July 2009 is the big day! Emma you will have to give us a quote then, but we are having a wedding on a budget so prob have to do myself.

Yes sally it is at the same place. Soooo excited!!!
  • Nicola, there are lots of simple invites with matching stationary that look so effective.
    I would be happy to work out some designs for you based on what you think you might like, (free of charge of course!)
    Then help you find the things you need and you could copy the design you have chosen from me?!!

that way you get the best of both worlds and it will only cost you your materials!

x
    x
    x
  • That sounds lovely Emma thank you very, very much xx
  • Yeah a very big CONGRATULATIONS to you.
    Do you have a colour in mind.
  • Congratulations Nicola, that's fantastic news!!!!
  • Congratulations, that is fantastic news xx
  • Congratulations Nicola and Terry.

You'll have to do a count down ticker now.

xx Zoe xx
  • Congratulations!!

Our first PP wedding!!! How cool!!!
    So how many bridesmaids and page boys can you cope with??
  • Hehe caroline!!

we so have to have a massive cyber party on july 18th next year!!

xxx
  • Congratulations! Let the countdown begin. I bet your so excited!
  • Congratulations!!!
  • wow, thanks girls for all your good wishes. Im so excited planning it all. And terry seems to be too. He says he's going to get a special notebook and folder to put his ideas down in!!! I thought only girls did things like that!!
  • Lol!!!!
    That's so sweet, he's just getting in touch with his feminine side!!!!
  • Thanks for that Mel. Having a family of boys Im not having any bridesmaids. I saw they actually do wedding dresses. They are so cheap so not sure what they would actually be like??? Im asking Tom to give me away as it avoids hassle between my mum and step dad. I think it will just be nice something for me and tom to share

xxxxx
  • That so lovely nicola,he will feel like a man.

I asked my mum to give me away as my step dad said it wasnt his place as my real dad should be there,so i asked my mum she said yes but after a few months of chatting we agreed for my step dad to do it and as you may have seen my pic he was as happy as larry that day,cryed most of it big sop.

Debenhams also have a sale on but co-op also have some lovely white/cream dresses(some strapless i think)
  • Nicola that will be so special for Tom to give you away. Oh i ccant wait for you to get married just to see all your pictures lol.