Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Mums in Kent?

2»

Replies

• Hi, hows things? We started weaning last week.. loves his food, touch wood, no problems at all. Has baby rice at lunch time followed by a yogurt and mini feed from me, tonight we have started giving him another small bowl of rice and a yogurt.. all gone.. hoping he'll sleep longer tonight as he is going through a stage of waking every 3 hours at the moment..!!
    Hows William sleeping?
    Marie..xx
  • hi Marie - Lovely to hear from you.

Everything is going great still. We started weaning last friday too but only gave him a couple of teaspoons on friday and saturday. Got a bit worried as his no2 nappies have been after every feed lately and I had one sat morning and then nothing so i didn't give him any on sunday just in case he was struggling. As it is he was just saving it all up for me !!!!

Anyway since Monday I give him breast at about midday and then an hour later he has some fruity baby porridge. Today he refused to suck it from the spoon and kept opening his mouth for me to put the whole spoon in so he could eat it quicker. He's loving it. Gonna keep it like that for another week and then increase with some home cooked veggies !! I'm determined that his feeding will not cost me any more and will encourage him as much as possible to eat what we do. I sound like a penny pincher but even the porridge he's having at the moment is free samples.

Not sure if it's connected but the last 3 nights he has slept 10pm till 6:45am. He was waking at about 5 so it's been a bit of a shock. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Let me know how you get on with the sleeping thing. Is he still on a bottle of formula at the end of the day?

Take care. Sab x
  • Hiya, hows the weaning going? Chester loves his baby rice and yogurts, rather fond of his apple n pear puree and Cow n gate rice pudding but veg is so far a no no!! Tried carrots n sweetcorn n parsnips n broccoli but he spits it out! tried again few days later but no better! will keep trying. He was fine when i left him over night, loved the new attention.. leaving him this Fri till Tues n dreading it but we r off to new york with friends.. I certainly will not b leaving him again after this! Hows William sleeping? Am pleased Chester goes 8.30ish till 5ish, then I try not to pick him up, just soothe him n he goes till bout 7..perfect, just gotta loose the 5am waking..!!
    Marie..xx
  • Hi Marie

New York - wow i'm not jealous at all !!!! ! !!!!!

We're really well thank you. William weighed in last week 20 weeks plus 4 days old an 18lb 8oz !!!

Weaning going really well. He loves fruity poridge, fruity yoghurt, potato parsnip and cauliflower mash and beef and vegetable hot pot. They're the only ones he's had so far and still no refusal and no mess and screams for more when it's all gone - greedy sod !! We're not in full routine yet tho. Exchanged contracts on our new house today and moving a week friday. Once we're moved in we'll start concentrating on possibly introducing solids as a proper feed potentially twice a day. He won't be 5 months old till 2nd Dec so still feel not sure whether he should be having just tastes or a meal of it !!!

His sleeping is knocking me for six too. Was going 10 till about 5 and then back to sleep again but yesterday he slept 10 till 8 and this morning was 10 till 9. If he carries on like that i'll start putting him to bed earlier. Hopefully by 6 months old David and I will have some evening time to ourselves!!

Hope you have a fantastic time away.

Sab x
  • hi all
    well since having Georgia 18 days ago i havent had much chance to get on here. i love being a mum but very tiring. She weighed 9lb 8oz at birth and is now 10lb 2. A very hungry baby!
    Hope you are all keeping well. Spk soon
    Hannah
  • Hi Hannah, well done and congrats.. WOW.. 9lb 8, thats big bless u.
    R u feeding her urself? it is very tiring but it is true, u do get used to it..
    Hi Sab, Williams sleeps lovely bless him, pleased to say Chester now sleeps from bout 8.30/9 till 7, am more than pleased, he then has a feed from me n gets in r bed till 9..!
    he has lunch n dinner but he still has mainly rice then a yogurt or fruit puree.. he has tried veg but not very keen! starting him on a veg n sweet potato mix tonight, c if he likes that. Gonna start making my own food next week, cheaper n can make it more interesting. dont want to give him bananas, cheese or meat till he is bit older as can cause an intolerance..
    He is 23 weeks now, last weighed 2 weeks ago n he was 15lb 2.. thinking of starting to give him some breakfast next week aswell so he will b having 3 meals a day n my milk in between? is it too early? he isnt 6 months for another 3 weeks?
    marie..xx