Forum home› General Chat› General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any mums out there from the West Midlands?

I'm in Dudley near Wolverhampton .........

Be nice to hear from you ........

Emma

xx

Replies

• Options
    hi emma

i'm from Bilston so between Wolverhampton and Walsall. Hubby's family from stourbridge so spend timer over dudley way.

How old is your lo? i'm a first time mum to Isabella whos 3 weeks old.

Vanessa
  • Options
    Hi Vanessa

My dad used to live in Bilston, I'm more near Sedgley to be honest than I am to Dudley.

Liam is 17 weeks, he was born in March. Cant believe how quick the time is going. He is my first too.

How you finding being a mummy?

Emma xx
  • Options
    Hi Emma

love being a mummy, only thing i'm struggling with is that i had a c section and have to rely on hubby to take me places which i hate.

how are you finding it? i know what you mean about time going quick i can't believe shes 4 weeks on sunday and how much she's changed.

• Options
    Oh poor you chick, was it a planned C-section?

Did you have her at Russells Hall or Sandwell? I had Liam at Russells Hall, had a very quick labour lasting just 3 hours from the first contraction to delivery - suffered a very bad 3rd degree tear image
    Wasnt very nice at all, but have healed well and feel like my pre pregnancy self image

I love being a mummy too. My hubby works away though in the week either 1 or 2 nights and sometimes it can be hard. Liam had really bad colic from 3 weeks till 13 weeks and was a right mare!! But now he is so content, he's a different baby.

How old are you chick?

• Options
    no it wasn't planned i'd been suffering back ache for 2 days but didn't really think anything of it, at about 1030pm my waters went so we went to Manor they did an examination they said i was 4cm and where asking if baby was breach and i was like no she not. i had to have a scan and she was. so i was rushed straight into theatre as labour was going v.quickly.

Glad that you feeling back to your self. i imagine it is very hard being on your own some nights. I'm glad Liam is contented now. I'm trying to get Bella into a routine which is going better than i expected.

i'm 25. I've had the hv visit today to weigh bella as i can't get to the baby clinic and she's gaining weight she was 6lb 8 when born and is now 8lb, so is a proper little milk monster.

how old are you? will you go back to work when Liam is older?

• Options
    Bella is a lovely name! So pretty!

Gosh that was quick, bet you didnt expect for it to happen like that did you! But hey ho, at least she is here safe and sound thats all that matters.

ROUTINE!!!! Arghhhh, we have only *just* established a routine!! It was hard work, so your right in trying to get her into one now! We decided to let Liam get into his own routine, but it didnt happen and by 14 weeks he was staying up to to like 12.00am, so we were tough and gradually introduced a routine, and eventually the times crept down and down and he's now in bed anytime between 7 - 7.30. Phew!!
    Thats a good weight gain for Bella, she is doing really well, are you breast feeding? Liam was 8lb 3oz born!! I'm bottle feeding.

I'm 22 - and im a stay at home mum. I was made redundant March 09 and decided to wait until after our wedding to look for another job which was in the May, by the time I got back from Honeymoon I was pregnant, and hubby said to concentrate on him and weve managed pretty well. Its hard living off just hubby's wage but we get by. How about you? Will you be going back to work? What do you do for a living?

• Options
    thanks her proper name is Isabella.

i'm bottle feeding too. Liam had a nice weight when he was born. Because of how tiny she was she's in tiny baby clothes still. If i put her in newborn they swamp her..

you've done well to get his bedtime down.

i don't think i will go back as my job will make it hard i'm cabin crew. i'm thinking of applying for voluntary redundancy at the end of maternity pay. then get something a few hours a week locally.

• Options
    Do you go to any baby groups? Or thinking about them?

Ive not had the guts to go to one yet :S

Defo be hard for you to go back then! I dont think I would be able to work, my hubby works away in the week for 2-3 nights, and ive got nobody to babysit while I work. Have been thinking of going on a training course though while he is little and when he starts school I could work then.

• Options
    No i've not had the guts to go, the hv is still doing home visits to weigh Bella. i think i would like to go to some but we will see as i am quiet shy.

thats a good idea about doing a training course do you know what you would like to do?
  • Options
    nessiet, totally forgot to check in here, are you still lurking?

Hi Samuels mum image

xxx