Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Mums in Leeds/Wakefield

Hi there, are there any other mums in the Leeds/Wakefied area out there. I have one little girl who is nearly six months old and we live in southeast Leeds. My brain is going mushy from lack of quality conversation so I would love to chat to other local mums. Kerry:\)

Replies

• Options
    Hi Kerry. I'm 33+5 pg with my first baby and live in Wakefield/work in Leeds. xx fiona
  • Options
    Ohh, you must be getting really excited! Do you know what you are having or are you waiting for the suprise?
  • Options
    We're having a girl according to the scan - although I'm starting to get the fear now that they made a mistake and all my pink clothes will have to be returned! I am getting excited though now and am counting down the weeks - particularly the next 4 until I go on mat leave - time really seems to be dragging. Still got leads to do before she arrives though so it's just as well I've still got a bit of time!
  • Options
    I don't think they get it wrong too often, I was told I was having a girl and they were right, I know what you mean about the fear though as soon a she was born all I wanted to know was if she was a girl!! I finished work at 34 weeks and it was fantastic, I got nothing done though I just veged on the sofa! Its a good job I didn't have much to do as lo turned up ten days early!
  • Options
    God i hope my one isn;t too early. It dawned on me the other day that 37 weeks is technically to term and I'll still be working then - yikes! I don;t mind if she's a bit early but it'd be nice to have a few days of mat leave before I go inot labour - especially as I'm having a pedicure on my first day off and a haircut on my second day off! After that she can come!! So are you back at work yet or still on mat leave? I'm only taking 20 weeks off which is why I'm working as late as I can. Wish it could be more but work need me back image
  • Options
    I'm sure she'll wait untill you get your hair done:lol: I'm not going back to work at all!! Plan was for me to be a lady of leisure but I don't think any one told lo :lol: I do sometimes wish I could go to work for the odd day for a rest, at least at work you get tea breaks and things! Don't think I could persuade any one to give me a job that I just turned up when I felt like it though. Have you decided who will look after your lo? I would have really struggled because I have no family localy and I didn't earn enough to make it worth paying for childcare. Take care, Kerry
  • Options
    Hello, am I ok to join in??!!! I live in Leeds and i'm 28 weeks (and 3 days!) I went for a 4d scan yesterday and they said it's 98% certain that I'm having a girl, so been out and bought far too many frilly dresses.

Hope you're both well, Lou x
  • Options
    Hi Lou, Ohh another little girl, we didn't have a 4D scan because my husband thought that they were freaky :\? Apparantly there not freaky any more now we have a baby. I think he is mad. How clear was it, did you get to see your lo doing anything interesting or was she asleep? Just remember when buying frilly dresses that they are never the size you are expecting! I thought that my little one would be a nine pounder as both me and huby were big babies and so had no really tiny clothes, she turned up ten days early, was only 7lb 1 oz and everything was to big :lol: Take care Kerry xx
  • Options
    Hi kerry,

The scan was really clear, far better than I thought it was going to be, Elsie decided that she would stay asleep through the scan but she did yawn and rub her eyes at one point, very cute! I've bought a few different sizes of dresses so hopefully at least one will fit her. But I'm under strick instructions to stop buying clothes now, she's got a bigger wardrobe than my boyfriend!!!
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Not been on here for a couple of weeks as work has been so hectic I've not had any time to p*ss about on the internet - most inconsiderate! 4D scan sounds great loubielou - we almost had one a few weeks ago but my hubby also wasn't impressed with the sample pics that we were given so we didn't go for it in the end. Kind of wish we had but then again she's going to be here so soon now I'm not too bothered. I know what you mean about buying lots of frilly drsses - they're all just so cute aren;t they? I had to stop myself in ASDA today buying about 3 as I know you're right Kerry and I'll no doubt end up buying the wrong size! It's hard to know what to get isn't it? She could skip newborn alltogether or be really tiny and have everything ridiculously large!! xxx Fi
  • Options
    I'm awful in asda, everything is sooo cheap to start with and my husband works for them so I get ten percent disount as well! It gets worse when they are born as you know how big they are then and you have no excuse not to buy everything! When are you finishing work Fiona? It can't be long, I bet you're getting really excited. Lou, I'm sorry I didn't reply to your last post, I've only just seen it, how is your pregnancy going? 4D scan sounds ace, we are definately going to have to have one if we have another baby. Take care ladies and bumps, Kerry xx
  • Options
    Hello! 2 more days of work to go and then I'm finished - I can't wait. These last few weeks have been sooo busy - just not what i needed as i've not been getting home til 7 at the earliest. Can't wait til I'm done and can switch off from it all - roll on Wednesday, well Thursday actually as I've now got to go in for a meeting with my boss for an hour on my first day of mat leave as he was supposed to see me on Tuesday before I finish but has had to change his plans - a bit (well a lot!) annoying but at least it's only for an hour in the afternoon so I still get to have a lie in and go for my pedicure as planned in the morning! How are your both doing anyway? Are you still working Loubie Lou? xx
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm still at work at the minute (well on the sick with an ear and chest infection, which as you can imagine is lovely!!) I was orginally supposed to be on Maternity at the end of April but requested it to be brought forward to the 12th April, but my manager got really funny with me and still hasn't got back to me, even though I gave her all the proper notice it tells you to give on the government website! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that i'll only have two weeks left! Hope everyone is well and happy, Lou xx
  • Options
    Hi Guys,

Glad you are both ok (or should that be all four of you, mustn't forget the bumps!) I remember my last couple of weeks at work, I just couldn't be arsed. It was ridiculosly hot, the air con was on the blink and I knew I wasn't going back so I am not sure how I stopped myself from just walking out! Glad I didn't though, I wouldn't have got a leaving present. Fi, can you still fit in your pedicure if you are working an extra day? It wouldn't do to meet your lo with nasty toenails (and I'm guessing you haven't seen them for a while to do them your self!) Hope you manage to sort out finishing work sooner Lou, have you got much left to do before lo gets here? Take care guys, Kerry xx
  • Options
    Hi Kerry,

Not too long to go now, 8 weeks and counting, altough they do seem to have started dragging now. I must admit that it's the thought of the leaving present and cakes that's keeping me at work at the min, they aren't very pregnant woman friendly! Hope you and your little girl are well, Lou xxx
  • Options
    I did manage to fit my pedicure in as the meeting i had to go in for on weds was in the afternoon - so that was ok! Am very glad to be finished now though and am making the most of being a lazy slob until baby arrives! Didn't get dressed until 1.30pm today - but have totally caught up on all the episodes of Desperate Houswives that I had taped!!! I could get used to this! Lou have you heard any more about your mat leave? Do you think they'll let you go early? Fingers crossed! xx
  • Options
    Get used to not getting dressed untill lunchtime Fi, it will happen all the time once lo is here :lol: Hope you are feeling better Lou, realised that in my last post I put I was glad you were well when you'd just said you were ill!Can't have plugged my brain in that day, sorry.
    Kerry
  • Options
    Hello all, I got the earlier date, yippee!!!! Only 7 working days left now! I'm feeling loads better now just generally tired cos of the sleepless nights, but i can just about manage that! I have to admit Fi i'm very jealous of your pedicure and not getting dresses until 1:30, guess it'll be my turn soon enough xxx
  • Options
    Thats great news Lou I bet you're really chuffed. I was so lazy when I started my maternity leave, I think I wore a hole in the sofa :lol:

[Modified by: Bedhead on March 31, 2007 11:39 AM]
  • Options
    Excellent news Lou - I bet you can't wait to finish. The last few days will fly by now. Then you'll just be counting down til your EDD like I am! I am getting impatient already - not good when I've still got a week and a half to go - and she'll probably be late if I'm anything like my mum!!