Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

was anybody right?

i was just wondering if anybody had an idea what they were having while pregnant? i'm 35wks and from almost the beginning i have been sure that i'm carrying a boy. i never found out at my scans cause i want it to be a suprise but stilll all i can do is look at boys cloths in the shops and little boys in prams!(although i would love either a girl or boy)
was anybody right in what then felt?

Replies

• 1st time i was certain i was having a girl and I was, 2nd time I was certain it was a girl but nearly fell off the bed when sonographer announced its a boy! This time, no idea!
  • definatly not my 1st little boy had a pink cot coz i was so sure he was a girl, next one i found out was a boy and again was suprised then with my little girl i was certain she would be another boy and obviously was wrong again so this time i haven't even tried to guess.
  • not as such but with my first i didnt really mind and it turned out i was having a boy with my seconed i was like i jope its a girl and it was and with my 3rd i was hoping for another boy and guess what im gaving a boy lol im currently 34 weeks x
  • I was 100 percent from the beginning it was a boy, even bought a very male pushchair, dark colours etc & told everyone it was def a boy, my husband was not sure & thought a girl but it was confirmed at 20 week scna a boy & then later again at 26, 28, 30, 32 & 34 week growth scans to be a boy.

There is I suppose a chance all of these were wrong & we may end up with a girl but she will be a bit confused when all I have is blue blue blue things image
  • Hi i knew i was having a boy aswell even tho i didnt find out at scans. Bought all blue clothes and luckily i was right. My sister in law thought she was having a girl and its been confirmed. I think you just know.
  • was totally convinced i was having a boy 1st time, oh thought that to, told everyone it was a wee boy mothers instinct and all that, wasnt i wrong it was a girl, 2nd time round carried the same way so thought another girl, and out popped my wee son, so my instincts were completely wrong.
  • thanks everyone, by the look of things i quess i'll to wait and see and know that i have a 50% chance of being right! i honestly don't mind though i quess it just gotten to that stage where i want to give this little person an identity. only 33days left can't wait i think i'm going to crack
  • I only had one time that i thought 'I'm having a boy', was really hoping for a girl, as everyone else kept telling me it was a boy. but can remember coming out of the loos at work and thinking I'm having a boy, and when i had my 20 week scan it was confirmed. haven't had any other scans but they checked 4 times!!! and we have lots of blue things and if it's a girl now i will be dissapointed(not for long though i'm sure)!! Em xx
  • i thought my first was going to be a boy and he was. the second time round i was convinced it was going to be a girl as the symptons were completely different but i had another boy
  • Cici I was the same - completely different pregnancy the second time but both boys!
    Everyone was convinced I was having a girl first time but I was sure it was a boy. I was really worried that my oh had in his head that it was a girl and that if it was a boy he'd be disappointed. It was a feeling rather than a certainty - I definately didn't feel like buying all blue and I still asked what I'd had when he was born.
    2nd time I hoped for another boy so I kept telling myself it might be a girl so that I could keep perspective but I still felt like it was a boy - when I saw the scan I thought I saw it was a boy but as most likely it was an arm or something I still kept telling myself it was wishful thinking and just as likely to be a girl. but i kinda knew it was a boy - but again when he was born I was like is it a boy or a girl?
    take care, julesy xx
  • I had a feeling I was going to have a girl and I was right although I never found out what I was having. My husbands family have all boys and only 1 girl who is 9 so everyone was convinced this was going to be another boy and kept talking about it being a boy. They all got a shock when I was right and it was a girl. My husband was really shocked but so happy as he also has a boy age 7 so he was really delighted.