Forum home General Chat General chat

fao EmJ

some business advice please!!! when you started doing wedding cards did you advertise or is it word of mouth? dont worry im not nicking your wedding card idea!!!
i want to make birthday cards for babies/children who are no longer here as whenever i go to buy one for leighton they just never seem appropriate 'happy 2nd birthday, hope you have a fantastic day' doesnt really have much meaning when they are no longer here so i was gonna make more suitable ones

Replies

• Hi Claire, i think that's a lovely idea
    Just thouht i'd say that em probably won't be on pp util until sunday, she's poorly tonight with a migraine then we're leaving at 7am tomorrow!!
    I'll make sure i tell her about it so she can reply asap

take care xxx
  • Thats such nice idea x
  • Thats a lovely idea, hope the business goes well. xx
  • Thats such a wonderful idea.
    When my mum lost her twin boys(nearly 30yrs ago)none of her family would admit it had happened and would rather forget about it,but every year my mum lights a candle for them.
    It would be nice to get a card that would be approprate.

Best of uck.
  • Just want to echo what the girls have said Claire. It's a lovely idea and coming from a mother who knows how it feels you will know just how to word the cards. Good luck with your venture.

xx
  • Rileys mum, i know its cheeky but would i be able to send you a card for your mum to see what she thinks? i have been sending a few to friends who have been through similar so i can get feedback before i invest too much money just incase it is a no hoper!
  • Claire, i think that's a really lovely idea.
    Wishing you all the best xx
  • That's such a nice idea Claire. Keep us up-to-date with how things are going.

X
  • Hi claire, so sorry that it has taken me so long to reply!

it is definately not a no-hoper it is a fantastic idea and I believe that you have found a gap in the market.
    Most of my work has been done through word of mouth and I think that would work best for you at the moment. You need to start by coming up with some designs and the more you do, the better you will get. Have you made cards before? You need to remember that there are thousands of people selling hand made cards and most of these are of beginner level, the better and more professional you are, the more you will sell and at higher profits. Even if you haven't made them before, you can train yourself. I would be happy to look over anything yopu design and help you wherever I can.

This idea is ideal as you do not need to invest much, start with some blank cards and envelopes and some embellishments and have a go at some designs. I sudggest that you do personalisation and wording on the computer.

Good websites to check out for ideas on cardmaking are;
    www.docrafts.co.uk and
    www.trimcraft.co.uk

I hope this helps and please feel free to ask me for any advice at any time.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!