Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

3 am wake up call

Isaac has been waking at 3 am for the past 4 nights and screaming solidly until 6am, nothing calms or comforts him and nothing obviously wrong. any ideas on why hes doing it?

Replies

• Hi Claire,

I'm sorry to hear this, I have been through something similar with Charlotte, it's not nice especially when you can't comfort them.

We don't fully know what was the matter with Charlotte we only have suggestions of what it could have been. One thing is that something is spooking them. We have a dhl plane come over us about 4 and it sounds horrendous, but we are now so used to it we don't notice it but we think Charl might have. We play a cd in her room of soothing music and have it on repeat so it plays all night as background noise. At the time when she was having these episodes I would bring her downstairs and put tv on. Sky have a channel 624 and I call it the magic channel as it helped her to settle. She would eventually fall asleep on the sofa and I would then be able to move her back upstairs. It sounds awful but I would ignore her if she didn't want me to comfort her as I didn't want to fuss and create a reaction, I wanted her to think "oh that didn't work no point doing that again."

I hope you can find some way of breaking the habit.

Zoe xx
  • Hi Claire, we have had a very similar thing with luka for months. Some nights he is literally screaming or others just normal cry!!! He only settles after medised and milk, but takes ages to go off and he's inches away from our bed. Sometimes seems to be teething sometimes we just don't know!!! He's the first one i've had whos done this. But also the first one to be in our room beyond 6months so wonder if this is also to blame.

Luka woke at 12, 1 2 and 4 last night!
  • Bless i hope his sleeping much better,i do symperthyse(sp)as riley suffered with realy bad night terrors and the smallest of things would be a trigger,like if he got up late and watched tv till he droped back of(if i were watching say csi)it upset him.

Do hope its just teething and will pass.
    xx