Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

my poor tara!!

hi ladies, well, as you can see, our comp is officially back up and running now, woo hoo. but my first post isnt a happy one im afraid!!

our new back garden doesnt have a side gate yet, so my inlaws borrowed an old iron gate to put across the passageway for now as we are awaiting our new side gate. anyway, as it was nice today, i took the girls into the garden to play, and they loved it,but just as we were packing up to come in, tara decided to get out of the little ride in car, crawl up to the gate and pull herself to standing at it. it then tipped over onto her. omg, my poor little girly. i felt so bad. we took her to casualty where they said she was fine (thank goodness), and will just have some pretty nasty bruises on her face. she hasnt a mark anywhere else, its all on her face. im just so glad shes ok, but we got some funny looks at asda when we were shopping!! in fact its funny how people make sure they dont comment on scars or marks (dont think they could make out if it was scars or scratches), everyone we met just said "ahh, hasnt she got lovely hair" it made me laugh.

anyway, sorry for the essay, just had to let it out im afraid.

hope you are all well.
chat soon
kas xx

Replies

• Oh kas you poor thing,i bet you were terrified.
    Glad to hear she's ok in a sense and will only get brusis,she was a lucky lil thing.I suppose its keep her happy with calpol for a while for the pain.

Hope your ok to as it must have been a shock.
    Sending bug cyber hugs to you all.
    Take care and chat soon.

xx
  • Hiya Kas
    We've missed you!!! I hope Tara is OK, kids are resilient aren't they?? Try arnica gel for the briusing.

Catch up with you soon
    xXx
  • Kas, i know we've text about this but i wanted to reply here too, how is she this morning??

Em couldn't believe it when i showed her the pic you sent me and it does look quite impressive as marks go! But i'm sure it will heal fine, i think carolnies idea of arnica gel is a good one.

Big hugs to you all xxxx
  • i heard arnica gel is good 2. hope shes better soon
  • Hi Kas,

Welcome back to PP.

I'm sorry to read of Tara's accident, also sending you cyber hugs. I hope you are all ok otherwise.

Take care, xx
  • kas its lovely to have you back, poor Tara and poor you!!! It must have been such a fright. Hope she is alot better today xxx
  • Kas
    How is Tara today, hope she is ok. That must have been such a shock for you both, sending you big cyber hugs.

Also Welcome back xx
  • Morning Kas - welcome back to sanity!!!

Saw the pics - no wonder you were so shocked but don't blame yourself, she'll bounce back. Arnica gel is fantastic and as it contains no chemical painkillers you can still give her calpol.

Cuddles to the girls x x
  • Welcome back Kas sorry to read about Tara - bless her *sending hugs*

xx
  • Poor little girl and poor you! It must have really shaken you both up.

X
  • Hiya Kas

Welcome back!!!
    I hope Tara's ok today, you must have got such a fright.

Sending you all a big hug!
    Chat soon xxx
  • ahh, thanks all for the replies!! taras much better today, the bruising has gone down a lot thnak goodness and it doesnt look as fierce. she seems fine in herself too which is good.
    im so glad to be back!!

ive never heard of arnica gel, but have been using witch hazel. i think ill go and get some of the gel tommorrow, shes always bumping and bruising herself.

hope alls well with you ladies
    kas xx
  • you can use arnica gel on bruising down below after childbirth as well
  • Poor thing, hope she is ok.
  • Kas its great to have you back. I'm sorry to hear about Tara though, i hope she is ok. Like Caroline said arnica works well. I used it when i had my tongue pierced and it was really good.

xx
  • Poor tara and poor you!! Hope she's ok now x