Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Goodbye old PP

Might not get on before it changes, so i just wanted to say bye to old pp, you have been a real friend.

Can't believe what a difference pp has made to me, i feel like i have made some real friends and have always got someone to talk too.

Heres to more posts and friends on the new pp

(i know im sad)

Replies

• Options
    You're not sad Simone, I have just text Zoe saying how much i am going to miss this PP!!!

Bye bye old friend!
  • Options
    I haven't received an email. When is it changing?

X
  • Options
    Simone,

I think most of us will agree what a difference PP has made to our lives.

We have all made some great friends from this site, the meet ups and swapping of mobile numbers proove that and that fact that we are supportive of each other when family aren't always.

The new PP will be the same, it's just this is where it all started.

xx
  • Options
    zoe you are right i have also met some amazing people there
    if it was not for you lot i think i would of gave up with the clomid by now want to say a bi thanks to everones advise
  • Options
    It is amazing what a difference it has made, i only came on here as i had got my first computer and read pp, so i thought i would have a nose, who would have thought that 11months later, i am on here every day and made some cyber friend.

Is it tomorrow the change over!
  • Options
    Thank you PP for helping me find these wonderful people. I really count you as my 'friends' and we haven't even met!!!

has anyone received a email confirming this site is officially shutting down and when? Maybe when we log in tomorrow it will just be the new site??

I haven't saved my pm's yet!! aaarrrrgggghhhh!
  • Options
    This is the email i have been sent

Exciting news: as some of you know, PracticalParenting.co.uk will be relaunching very shortly! We'll tell you more about it soon, but one urgent message for now:

If you have any private messages, signatures or photos on the old site that you want to keep, please could you copy and paste them onto your computer right away! We won't be able to guarantee access to them after Tuesday, July 1*, though your forum archive will be carried over to the new site.

If you need any help, do reply.

Many thanks - and sorry for such very short notice.

Sean Fishpool
    Working with the Practical Parenting team at Magicalia

*Because the notice is so short, if you do not see this email until after Wednesday 1 and have lost access to some critical private messages, we will be happy to try to retrieve them from our backup database. But where possible we would rather avoid this...
  • Options
    i have not had that one yet
  • Options
    It is a wonderful site and has put my mind at rest on many issues. It is so much nicer to get real answers from real experienced parents than simply googling it.

Lovley people with a great sense of humour.

X
  • Options
    without pp i think i would have gone mad with all the problems amber has had with her eating especially at the end of last year, each time amber became poorly, all these wonderful girls would message me to offer support,
    thankyou pp and girls, i couldn't have got through it without you all xxxxx

i think new pp will be just as good if not better, it's us girls that make it what it is essentially
  • Options
    Goodbye old pp, it will be a shame not to have this again. But the new pp will be just as good because it is the girls on here that make it what it is. I have had some good advice from all of you and you have kept me sane through many times, especially my beloved hoover conking out lol.

xx
  • Options
    Of course it will be the same, it's all of us who make it what it is, it should even be better as we already have a friend on the new site - SEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    so we had he has been very helpful
  • Options
    Goodbye old PP!!!

Without you all i think i would have gone completely insane!! I never imagined when i first logged on that i would get to know so many wonderful ladies, there's always someone around to have a chat with or offer some advice!!

Let's look forward to many more great chats on the new and improved PP!!!!
  • Options
    Same here,will miss it tons.
  • Options
    i havent received an e mail! how will we know the address of the new site? ill be upset if i cant find it xxx
  • Options
    Just PM you paula.