Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness

has any1 had/has

hi all,
i have just recently had my smear test after several years of asking for one. I started not to feel right a couple of years after my daughter was born 7 years ago.
I am 24 and as you all know, the age went up to 25. so they refused to do one on me till now and kept saying that the people at the lab would just look at my age and throw the sample out to save the ??60 it costs to test .
Everyone in my family said that when you have your first child that's when you should start to have smears but my gp's just refused.
I now have another child who is 18 months. I bleed during intercourse most times and bleed during my cycle.
I got my results back and its abnormal, the letter says that its severe dyskarysosis. I am waiting for an appointment to go for a colposcopy. has anyone had or got this? and what is the treatment?

i am scared my dh has been great.

thank you

dee.xx

[Modified by: dee211 on 17 August 2009 22:33:00 ]

Replies

• Hi Dee

I live in glasgow and have been having smears since i was 19, the very 1st one i had came back as abnormal so i was sent for another 6 months later, that one came fine, so to be safe i was sent every year.
    then in 2006 i had to have a colposcopy. I was really worried as i was trying to get pregnant for the previous 2 years and all sorts were going through my head.

It was absolutly fine, it was just like an extended smear test, a little uncomfortable but nothing to worry about.

I then went on a few months later and fell pregnant with twins (although i did miscarry one) but gave birth to a healthy baby girl the following march.
  • Hi Dee

I live in glasgow and have been having smears since i was 19, the very 1st one i had came back as abnormal so i was sent for another 6 months later, that one came fine, so to be safe i was sent every year.
    then in 2006 i had to have a colposcopy. I was really worried as i was trying to get pregnant for the previous 2 years and all sorts were going through my head.

It was absolutly fine, it was just like an extended smear test, a little uncomfortable but nothing to worry about.

I then went on a few months later and fell pregnant with twins (although i did miscarry one) but gave birth to a healthy baby girl the following march