Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnancy DVDs recommendations please!

Hi all

I'm new to this forum so if this topic has already been covered, please point me in the right direction!

Has anyone got any recommendations for pregnancy exercise DVDs? I don't really mind what sort of exercise it is, but I have decided that I need to do something active after work! I am only 10 weeks at the moment so feel like I could manage most things but suppose that as you get bigger you need something gentler! Maybe yoga?

Any advice gratefully received!

x x x

Replies

• Hi

Congratulations!

I guess it depends on what you are used to.

The recommendation is usually not to do anything until 12 weeks. My yoga class will not let you go before then anyway.

I got the 10 min solutions prenatal pilates DVD and tried it after 12 weeks. I found some of it really tough and I did not want to do some of the exercises as they did not feel right to me- so I did some of it but abandoned it quite quickly... prob fine if you are quite fit and used to that kind of thing, but was not for me!

I bought the Davina pre and post natal work outs DVD and tried it just after 12 weeks and felt like I had had absolutely no exercise whatsoever- I found it a total waste of time. HOWEVER... I tried again in my third trimester and it gave me a lovely stretch and my increased weight made the whole thing feel like gentle exercise.... so would recommend for later stage when you feel too knackered to do anything, get up and do this it will not push you too hard but will make you feel good and be good for you.

My favourite thing so far has been to actually go to a yoga class, and doing the occasional Davina to supplement, otherwise just going for a walk or a swim is really good too.
  • Thanks Wifey. I don't really consider myself that fit, but I do a lot of walking and walk quite quickly-none of my friends or family can ever keep up with me! image so I think I will take your advice and keep up with walking and maybe try Davina in the 3rd trimester.

Any more advice ladies...?
  • I've got the Complete Pregnancy Fitness DVD by Erin O'Connor and it is definately a workout! You also get the postnatal one included. x
  • Thanks Angel - someone else also recommended Erin O Connor so might give her a try too! x