Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Really painful light period on the coil

Hi a little about myself. I had the copper coil inserted about 3 months ago and all was fine until around 2 weeks ago. I started getting pains in my lower left pelvis. Hurts to dtd and when I move in a certain way. I'm currently waiting for a scan to check the coil is still in the correct place! My period was due on the 2nd and I took a pregnancy test on the 3rd. I got the faintest of faint lines which I assumed was an evaporation line as af started on the 4th. Since its started I'm in so much pain but there is hardly any bleeding. Not even enough to fill a pad a day. My periods have been painful since having the coil fitted but normally when the pain comes i have to change my pad pretty quick. Where as now i go to check and theres not much there. I tried to get into the drs yesterday but no luck! I will be trying again on Monday. Anybody had anything like this before. The pains not enough to warrant going to a&e but it is stopping me from being able to do my normal activities.
Thanks in advance
Kim