Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness

PCOS

Hi Im 23 years old and have just been   diagnosed with PCOS my mum has it so that might be a reason why I have it. The doctor didn’t seem that concerned as she said it’s common. Looking online about it has given me a lot of stress as there’s loads of conflicting info and scary stories of short lifespan heart attacks diabetes  cancer etc,  so I have told myself to stop looking online as it’s causing me to have panic attacks. I still haven’t had my real period and its been five months . The doctor said I can leave it a bit then I can come back and go on the pill as its good apparently to have a bleed to keep my ovaries healthy. But I thought that you just get a  withdrawal bleed not a period!? I really don’t want to go on the pill i have a funny feeling that the pill caused the PCOS . I have started today to have two table spoons of apple cider vinegar in water once a day as I heard that can help start periods. I don’t really know what to do as there’s so much conflict information. I’m not looking to get pregnant im just concered about the other issues. Im quite active and walk at least 4 miles a day I have been losing weight slowly but Im losing weight which is what I need to do as I’m small in  stature so it’s good for me to lose weight. My main concern is me not having periods I never thought I would say this but I really want my period! Any advice would be  appreciated many thanks izzy