Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

weight..

Ok so decided to try and possitvley loose a touch of weight lol,( yes I really am going to do it this time!)
I am by no means over weight and am actually the right weight for my height BUT I feel the need to loose a little and tone up too.

So I have been eating smaller portions, not having carbs after 5pm as this helps aid digestion etc over night. Still having my regular food..no rabbit foods all the time for me, a balance works well with my choccy cravings!!!

I have a Ab Pro King trainer machine thing which seems to be working and am also doing the Joanna Hall cardio calary burn workout dvd( brought it 6 yrs agao and was still in the wrapper!1) which again feels good afterwards.

Just wondered if you girls had any tips, or funny stories about your diets or exercise regimes( not that any of us yummy mummys need to do it ...lol);\)

Replies

• hiya,

i have just joined Slimming World. I have about 4 stone to lose to get me to a nice weight. I was always 8st even after having 2 kids. By number 3 I was about 10st and by number 4 I was 13 stone. I have not shifted any of that and more is creeping on. its picking at the kids nice treats and not exercising enough. Anyway, a family friend died this week aged 43. She leaves a loving OH and 3 kids. She could do nothing to prevent it (brain aneryism) but it got me thinking. I thought I CAN control my wieght and be healthy to the kids. So, I joined. I am doing well so far! 4 stone seems such a lot of weight to lose but at least I am doing something towards it.

Once I went to WW after having Chris. I was 24 and weighed 8 st 4. I thought I was HUGE. I was mortified when the woman turned me away as I did not have 7lbs or more to lose. How stupid must I have looked. I was like a twig. I felt huge tho but it was in my mind!

Good luck with your regime.

d x
  • I've just got back on with the diet too image
    In fact dee dee your post could have been written by me!

Went up to 11st 3 with my 1st, and I thought I was massive! I managed to lose it all and went back down to 8st 7. I then fell preg with DD2 and didnt really put on any weight, I was only 9st 7 the day before she was born! I did a lot of running and exercise, ate healthily and did a massive amount of walking (DD1's school was 2 miles away and we used to walk every day!).
    Within a week of having DD2 I was down to 8st 4 but I still felt huge, but everyone was saying I was starting to look ill.
    Anyway, we moved house and by the time baby 3 came along I had ballooned to 13st 3, I no longer had the long walks to do to school as it is only 2 mins down the lane. Before when I was doing all the walking I could eat pretty much what I liked and never put on weight, so obviously when I kept eating the same and not doing the exercise the weight piled on image
    I hadnt ost it by the time baby number 4 came along, and now she is a year old and I am just over 14st.
    I hate my weight cos I cant run around after the kids in the park, I probably could physically but I am just too embarrassed cos of my weight.
    I've decided this year is the year I really am going to do something about it, my sister gets married next year and I am one of her bridesmaids so that is incentive enough for me - all her other bridesmaids are size 8s and 10s!!

It just makes me laugh looking back now and thinking I was huge after my 1st, and I'm so much bigger than that now, I'd kill to be that size again!!
    My weight is mainly on my tummy, and when I was at the dentist recently the receptionist asked me if I had my maternity exemption card with me! I was mortified! So thats it, I am going to beat the flab this time round!!

Good luck to you two aswell image xxxx
  • I met hubby at 19 and weighed 8 stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then had ds1 and ended up at 9 stone, then dd1 came along and I was 10stone!

dd2 I was still 10 stone and then ds2 came I am now just over 11 and half stone.

By no means heavy or over weight but just not happy in myself!

Went an blew all my hard work last night too and really troffed on a hog roast complete with crackling lol( naughty me!!)

Extra dvd session for me today lol!!!

goodluck girls too

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hey Mummy Mog - I think it would be a great idea to set up a group, we can all do our own thing as far as diets/healthy eating/fitness are concerned, but be here to support each other and share tips etc.What does everyone else think? x
  • I think thats a great idea if I can join?? I have next to no will power and hubby loves his yummy foods too much to support me through my relapses!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • I think what we'll do, is set up a new thread then where we can post advice and see how we are getting on - are you all happy to post your progress on thread or would you rather a closed facebook group was set up (I dont know if you are all on fb so this may not be possible....)
    I normally weigh in on a Friday, but I know others who do slimming world etc may have a different weigh in day, so just post your weigh-ins when you can!

Babs4 - my hubby is exactly the same, he does his best to support me but he is a great food lover, he does a lot of the cooking in the house, and although he cooks good meals from scratch, he makes huge portions! We also love a good takeaway and my love of Rose wine doesnt help things either lol!!
  • Have we got the same husband??!!! LOL!!
    Mine is very thoughful and does support me, tells me I'm doing well when I'm losing the weight, but then buys me a big box of Thorntons as a well done gift! He always looks so happy when he comes in with a gift like that for me, and I end up eating it/drinking it! On the odd occassion I have told him off for buying bad stuff but then he looks like a sad little puppy!!