Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

getting in shape while trying for a baby

Hi, dont know if i have posted in the right area to post in, im new! Hi to you all!

Im wanting to get in to shape while trying for a baby. Im comfort eating a lot at the mo as i am a bit down in the dumps, so i know i have to sort that out, but im worried about not getting enough good stuff while cutting out the bad.

Also I had operations on my ankles a few months ago, and i cant even imagine running/cycling anything like that, and i hate swimming. Any ideas on good excercise that is low impact? Was thinking yoga? Is that any good? Helps with relaxation too doesnt it?

So if anyone has any advice on diet and excercise, or any halp on where the best place to get info on dietary requirements whilst TTC, I would really appreciate it.

I feel my lifestyle needs a huge shake up but have no idea where to start!

Thanks for reading

xxx

Replies

• Just noticed this topic. I also have issues with being able to exercise, as I have damaged cartilage in my knee and hate swimming!

I've been doing the Gi diet online with the ukdietclub, and so far have lost 8lbs in 2 weeks (although I've had flu for one of those weeks!). The meals are yummy and filling, and my husband is enjoying them too (although he needs more than my allowance!)

Hopefully when I lose some more weight I'll feel able to do more exercise, and hopefully conceive too.

Good luck