Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pre -Eclampsia

Hi

Iam 21 and had pre - eclampsia bad during my pregancy...high blood purssure was really high.
My LO is now 18weeks old and i still have high blood purssure, i am on tablets to control it, but have now been told i could be on them for life, its strange to here of such a thing at my age. Does any one know of anything that will help to bring it down (with out drugs) x Or anyone ele have the same problem? x:\?

Replies

• Hi Tasha88, I just wrote a whole reply but it disappeared.:x
    Anyway I also have slightly high bp - not quite high enough to be on medication for it but there is a family history and both my parents are on medication. My mum has also been told that it is something that she will be on for the rest of her life - I think its awful that they say that instead of looking at other options. During a little bit of research I have done I have seen something called a Resperate. If you try googling it you should be able to find something, anyway it is a drug free device and looks pretty interesting. It is quite expensive but would be a lot cheaper than paying for prescriptions for tablets that you will be on for the rest of your life.

Good luck, I hope it does get better.
  • Hey Sarah, thanks for the reply... i completley agree with you not something i really want to do but if it means takig tablets for the rest of my life, i guess i have too!!! i will look at the Resperate thing, i am willing to try anything! hope your bp sorts its self out too! image Thanks again xx
  • I hope everything is ok now, i know how dangerous that is. I am under going test at the mo, to find out why its still up, its stil around 144/108 two weeks ago, i hoping its lower the next time i go!!. it was triggered by my pregnency, but i was lucky it didnt turn to eclampsia. Hope you dont mind me asking....but did you have a fit?/ as when i was in hospital, they wouldnt let me hme for a week as they were worried i was going to fit. Congrats on the little one! xx
  • They put me on nefedipine and labetelol after my LO was born 6 months ago. I've only just got off the nefedipine 2 weeks ago and have a check up tomorrow to make sure my bp is stil stable so we can look at reducing my meds further.
    It's frustrating but shoul,d get there in the end.
  • Lollzz... They are the same tablets i am on, i come off the nefediphine about 4weeks ago, but they have put me back on them last week, as it has gone back up again,! They were the only ones i could have as i breast feed up untill last week, hoping to change the tablets now though. i am off for a chest xray next week, so that might show something, Are they still saying yours is pregency related?? And have you had shortness of breath and headaches while beeing on these tablets?? Ive looked thing up on line, but you can never be sure!! xxx

Foxylady....All we can do it hope that things get better and the bp improves!!!! For us all!! I wil keep this posted if they find any thing out or a reason to it! as it may help someone else!! Good luck and hope it al becomes normal soon! xx
  • Hi guys, just an update!!
    Ive had lots of tests done, and the chest xray i had all came back normal, i have been told that i will have high BP for life now, and have been moved on to a new drug called Ramipril, its ment to protect my organs, lets hope they do their job!!!
    They dont seem to havea reason for it, it was just triggered by my pregancy.
    I have also been told that if i go on to have more children then i am most likely to have pre eclampsia again, but just sooooo glad they have FINIALY given me an answer, hope all you guys are well, and the BP is going if not gone down!!! love to you all xxxx