Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

i can't find my motivation.... it's hiding and i'm slacking!

just a moan at myself really i sooo need to get back in shape, get myself fit again. i know what i need to do but i just lack the motivation it's terrible. plus i love sweet things totally addictive, i'm a great baker which also doesn't help succer for choc cake. i do cook healthy meals tho as i stay at home so all is made from scratch it's those biscuits it's all in my head i know.
i used to have a very phsycally demanding job b4 i had my l.o. she's now 3 and i STILL have to lose the last half stone from being pregnant and the half stone i've gained since then and oh i was already half stone heavier as i fell pregnant!!! i had just changed jobs! so intotal over a stone yes i can count but a stone and a half sounds scary lol.
i'll just add, altho in the back of my head it sounds like an excuse i have been pregnant twice in the last 6 months but unfortunatley m.c. twice in 4 months! so i did gain a few of the pounds at the start of each of them. i tend to do that...
heyho just having a moan don't expect any response but i'm glad i've written it down, something to look at and maybe kick my own butt into action !!!

Replies

• Options
    hello i know how you feel.... its just getting that motivation to get moving. I need to loose about 3 stone i think. My youngest is 9 weeks (have a 4 yr old and 2yr too) and i'm normally to tired to have that motivation to push myself to exercise.(most i do is go for walks with her in the pram) I know if i exercise i won't be as tired!!!! I have started WW at home but know for me personally to loose weight i MUST exercise. Maybe we should try to motivate each other!!!
  • Options
    me too. I gave up chocolate for lent and managed to lose 16lb, however since yesterday I have eaten sooooo much chocolate that it will soon all be back on again. I have no motivation to get up and excercise and I havednt been on the wii fit since it told me when I last went on that I had put on weight.
  • Options
    is the wii fit any good?? DH said he would get it for my birthday pressie but don't want to spend the money if its not.
  • Options
    I have started to get back into shape since my lo was born back in Jan this year. I run 3 miles one day then swim or cycle and work out for half hour on my days that I do not run if you really want to then you will do it. I push my self as I know I want to get back into my size 8 jeans and lost the flab and the extra weight I put on during pregnancy. I have giving up chocolate(which was the hardest as I love it),crisps and biscuits and watching what and when i eat. I feel so much better now!!

good luck to you all

Gem
  • Options
    the wii fit is good and I laughed myself stupid when my hubby got on it and it blew his little mii character up to be really fat :lol: hes not that big but it really made him fat.
  • Options
    My god Gem!! Awesome job on the exercise!! I REALLY need to get back my motivation - I've decided to go out on my hubby's bike tomorrow - no idea when I will find the time on a week day?!!
  • Options
    hi all i've notbeen on had visitors for nearly a fortnjight and 1 of them my kind sis has lent me her wii fit yippeeee.... however just as the last people said goodbye i have a terrible throat infection ahhhhh however i have been doing 10min of yoga each morning as i can't see how that would hinder me getting better but couldn't face any hoola at the mo!! we did all do it fri night tho and my goodness you do feel it but it's fun and has made me v competetive haha wi hubby not a bad thing i'm sure!!good luck all and i will stop eating choc.... next wk!!!! yup