Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness

stopped smoking 3 weeks ago - UPDATE

when will the frustration and anger at everything end?! :lol:

im biting everyones heads off atm. since moving to step 2 patches after only being on step 1 for a week due to them making me ill, then being on no patches for a week, now step 2 - ive been a complete grump!! still craving worse than ever but resisting. will it ever stop or am i on too low a patch? :\( smoking counsellor isnt very helpful either :roll:

[Modified by: ~Emilie~and~Sam on 08 July 2009 22:18:56 ]

Hey ladies. Well the past 5 weeks have been complete hell with the patches so was at the smoking councellor (cant spell that word!) this morning and he has given me champix tablets....apparently blocks the nicotine receptors and makes smoking unpleasant. bit worried about them being tablets as im very anti pill (yes im weird lol, wont even take paracetamol) but im starting them tomorrow. got to smoke for the first 4 days on them (im secretly happy about this :\( ) and then stop...should have no withdrawl feelings nor aggitated. i really hope they work for me. the stress of quitting is unreal!!!!!! xx

[Modified by: Milimoo on 23 July 2009 13:43:30 ]

Replies

• i stopped smoking 3 years ago and am still a grumpy cow!lol. i didnt use patches just willpower coz i was pregnant, but i can tell you the craving never goes away image shit i know, es wen i get stressed, but the willpower kicks in and then its forgotten in a minute. GL xxxx
  • lol :lol: i stopped during my pregnancy but started when sam was 6 weeks old image

xx