Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

excessive hair loss after pregnancy- please please help!!!

Hi All,
Not sure if I am in the right place. My baby girl is 16 weeks old and recently I have had a tough time with my post pregnancy body. Things like losing a tooth, breasts leaking, no sign of periods and not breast feeding. It has all come to ahead today as my excessive hair loss has dramatically gotten worse and my hair is falling out every time I touch it. I am terrified to wash my hair. Stupidly I have also coloured it which went wrong and I had to have it recoloured which I am sure hasnt helped. Please please let me know if this has happened to anyone else and what I can do?????????????

Replies

• Hi hun, first of all don't panic!! This happened to me when my lo was about 14 weeks, it was awful. I had no idea it would happen but apparently it happens to a lot of people. When you're pregnant the rate at which you lose hair slows down so you barely lose any. At around 3 months you lose all the hair that didn't fall out during pregnancy so it looks seems like you're losing loads and loads.
    My hair was v.thick and shiny when I was pregnant any when it fell out I was convinced I was practically bald but actually it was the same as before I was pregnant!
    From what I can remember it only lasted a couple of weeks. I tried not to brush it too much and didn't use my straighteners on it,volumising shampoo made it feel thicker.
    Hope I've helped. I can completely sympathise as I know how scary it is xx
  • hi hon
    I feel for you. Sammy is 18 wks (m 3rd baba) and for the past 2 months my hair has bn falling out at horric rates...Im actually balding at the front now. I spoke to my HV today and she said (as i already knew) that you do loose hair after a baby but should NOT be this bad....she sai that i may be something as simple as lacking vitimens and to get to the drs to get it sorted.
    Ive also not a a period for 13 wks nrly. I had my 1st one at 5 wks and nothing since. Im not BFing. HV also said this is not normal and to get to drs

Hope this has helped