Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

two questions regarding meds and TTC/Pregnancy

I have hayfever and have read the leaflets and the tablets and inhaler I have are both really vague about whether they can be taken...
Anyone had GP advice on these? I've stopped taking the antihistamine pills but have had to take the inhaler this week as chest is so tight. What are the risks???

Replies

• Options
    I went to see GP about hayfever and he prescribed piriton in tablet form. This was beginning of 2nd trimester. When i put the repeat in a diff doctor refused to prescribe it saying it was not good for preg women. The orig doctor then recalled and said rubbish and represcribed it!
    Not much help im afraid. Think it depends on attitude of dr. My gp the one who prescribed it was of the opinion that any risk was negligible if any and i shouldnt suffer for nine months.

Best advice i can give is see your gp sorry
    xx
  • Options
    Kind of what I suspected! They don't know! Some err on the side of caution others don't LOL.
    I can manage without the anti-histamines but am really struggling to breathe as my chest is so tight and because I'm not breathing deeply enough (I'm assuming) I'm exhausted! I'm not even pregnant yet (or am I??? on 2WW!!!) I'm so confuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuused!
    I've just googled the inhaler and it says that it is safe to use during pregnancy... the leaflet in the inhaler says consult your doctor so I'd assumed there were risks.
  • Options
    Hi Seraphina

I suffer with asthma, and am 6 weeks pregnant. Had my first appointment with the doctors on Tuesday and he said fine to continue with my medication, which is a relief as I wouldn't last the nine months otherwise!

All medication info says ask your doctor if pregnant, this is just to be on the safe side. Even my folic acid tablets say to consult your doctor if pregnant or planning to become pregnant......well....... I wouldn't be taking them if not pregnant or planning!!!

If you're still worried, ask your gp.
  • Options
    http://lt1f.lilypie.com/ADtlp1.png

Seriously on the folic acid PMP!!!

I hate going to GP and tbh I even dread going to say I'm pregnant.. if and when that happens!
    In my other 2 pregnancies I didn't suffer from hayfever or depression so hoping same this time image