Forum home Family life & relationships Health & fitness
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

anyone else tryin to loose those extra pounds?

hiya everyone! iv just seen this forum, where have i been!lol

so i thought id post image well my youngest dd is 7 1/2 months and iv supposed to hve been on a diet since i had her but still 7 months later im the same weight! so i bought myself a wii the otther week and have been eating a bit more healthy and so far in 2 weeks iv lost 6lb yay lol, its a slow process but i feel ready and determine where as i never have before hense why iv never lost anything!

good luck to everyone in the same boat as me, any tips woul be great image

Replies

• I have lost 2 stone this year (LO is 13 months) but I am now stuck! Would like to lose 1 more tho and its not shifting now! So need the motivation but Easter has really killed my self control! I'm on Weight Watchers coz I'm still BFing and it means I know I'm eating enough. Good luck and keep me updated on how you are getting on!
  • 2 stone wow! i could do with loosing about that too! easter was a killer for me too i mudt of had 30 eggs!lol so naugthy! i cant stick to diets like weight watchers as im quite a fussy eater so im going it alone on my own self motivation not sure how long it will last tho. good luck xxxx
  • Yeah but it has taken the whole year! Now I'm stuck!!!
  • My dd is just over 10 months. I put on a lot of weight in pregnancy and am finally resolving to lose it. Wanted to before but tbh was halfhearted about it and having too much fun with my lo. Going to lose it now. the best way I found to lose weight before was on the low gi diet, not really a diet just a way of eating. I consistently lost 2lbs a week, sometimes 3 (some weeks nothing as is usual on diets) but I lost 5 stone in total over 6 or 7 months and kept it off until pregnancy. I can't do proper diets like WW either, and this really worked for me, hope it will again.

Good luck with it all!!!
  • dont want to sound dumb but whats a low gi diet?hee x
  • gi means glycemic index and low gi foods keep u fuller for longer - its to do with the food turning into sugar slower in your body so u dont have dips in energy. i think its in foods like banana, porridge, wholegrain foods etc. i don't know enough about it but it sounds like a good one to try.
  • sounds good, im a fussy eater tho so knowing my luck it will be foods i dont think x