Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

startng ICSI !!! but with problems

Hi ladies,

OH and i are due to start ICSI in feb/mar time.

we had our 1st appointment with the consultant on tuesday, that went well, but then they said they have to do more blood tests (thought i had these) and a hystia- something- agram. they said i needed it in 2 weeks, but i received the letter saying to call on the 1st day of my next period, this is more than 2 weeks away !!!!

i am really bothered by the bloods as im phobic of needles, the last ones i had done in october i had to have done alone as hubby couldnt get time off work. it was traumatic and painful. after this hubby SWORE ON IFE tha enever let that happen again.

but ive booked my next ones for thursday and hes just announced 'ive seen the rotas for next week and im starting early, theres no chance i can get time off' i replied to him 'well whats it going to be like when we actually start ICSI, cos some app are made for the following week and can often be made for 2 or 3 days ahead.' to which he replied 'well i dunno'

HE SWORE ON MY LIFE HED SUPPORT ME. he hasnt even asked his work if he can change his hours !!!!!!

the last bloodtest was traumatic and he left me to do it alone, and now hes about to do it again. to top the whole p***ing situation off, hes the one with the problem! my body fuctions properly. but its me who has to suffer !!! it wouldnt be so bad if i felt supported.

im not sure how much i can trust my husband - broken promises --- means nothing !!!!

sorry for the rant ladies

love stacey xx

Replies

• Options
    Stacey ..... Honey ..... I really feel for you....I absolutely hate blood tests ....but you really will have to get used to needles!!!

I pass out having blood tests - I get so worked before hand and they never can never find a vein. Can I give you some advice ..... Drink loads of water before hand and keep your arms warm (good for veins) and always lie down and tell the nurse you hate having blood tests. Is there anyone else that you could take with you to have the blood tests.

In terms of your husband ..... Bear with him .... Don't forget he's going through it too..... Talk to him and tell him how important it is for you.

I had an issue with my husband not supporting me too - so I know how annoying it is - he's better now - we just agreed to tell each other how we feel and we start nasal sprays for round two of ICSI.

IVF is an emotional rollercoaster. Stick with it.

Always here to talk if you need to.

Xxi had a hyscoriscopy too - it's not too bad.
  • Options
    hello orangerbera, thank you so much for your reply.

i know i have to get used to needles, and i figure the more i have the easier it will get. i think that by the end of our icsi stuff my PHOBIA will be cured or at least manageable.

i do understand that my husband needs to be considered, it is extremely hard on both of us. we had a huge chat and i discovered that he hadn't told me alot of what he was thinking about and what he planned to do.

good idea about the water and keeping warm xx

i dont have anyone else to go with me but ill find a way.

someone suggested taking calms before having a blood test.

thank you listening xxx

love stacey xx
  • Options
    Hi Stacey.

Glad you have talked things through - I think we forget what the guys are going through too - especially if the reason you need to have treatment is due to a male issue.

Ask your clinic if you can have nasal sprays instead of injections to downreg. Also tell them about you needle phobia - they see it all the time. image

Best of luck. Xx