Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Have to carry on d/r for another week

hiya,

am a bit disappointef as have been d/r for 2 weeks and had a scan yesterday. I have to carry on d/r for another week and go for another scan as my lining is not yet thin enough. I have had an af and she said i may not get another one but lining will still hopefully thin and apparently this is common.

Am obv panicking despite her saying it was common and was wondering if anyone had any experiences to share xxx

Replies

• Hi Samsa - sorry nothing to share with you on this but wishing you lots of luck for your scan next week.

xxxx
  • Hi Samsa, don't worry. I had to down regulate for an extra week and I also had to inject for an additional two days and my IVF worked first time. It's scary because you want to be as 'normal' as possible but the timescales are only for guidance.

Unfortunately my pregnancy didn't progress beyond 13 weeks although that was nothing to do with the IVF.

Good luck and keep your chin up. There really is nothing to worry about.

xx
  • hi lovely ladies, thank you for your replies.

Mrs H, im so sorry to hear about your m/c, must have been dreadful for you and i hope youre ok. Can i ask, did you have a 2nd bleed? They said i might now but i cant work out how the lining will thin without it? Does it get absorbed then? xx