Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

had HSG today !!! good news !!! but whats next step??

hi ladies, i had my first ever HSG today, what an experience that was !!! i was soooo nervous.

before i went in, i was reading my letter and there was a lady with a baby behind me. she left, then 10 mins later appeared and came to me and said i saw your letter, and i wanted to say dont lose hope, i went through the same thing and i now have my baby, take a deep breath and youll be fine. its all worth it in the end, i hope you dont think im interfering.

it was soooo lovely to hear those words from her, i wish id got her email or address or something but she really gave me hope and faith xx

it wasnt too painful but very weird feeling !!!!

had a male consultant do the procedure !! very embarrassing !!! however he told me everything is normal and apparently i have a higher chance of conceiving this month as its cleared the tubes out !!! bonus.

does anyone know what the process is now, in regards to ICSI ?? will we now go straight to the icsi or are there more tests??

many thanks for listening xx

Replies

• Hey,

I had a clear hsg too and I was put on clomid for 3 months before starting ivf. I am now 8 weeks pregnant after my 2nd month on clomid xxxx
  • Brilliant news about the HSG and how sweet about the lady. Positive vibes are great.

I had my HSG, July 2009 and went on 6 months of clomid - unfortunately no BFP.

We started ICSI in September 2010 again - not successful but trying again in January.

Wishing you lots of luck. Xx