Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

blood tests for ICSI ?

Hi ladies,

for those of you who have completed ICSI,

How many bloodtests did you have through the process? i am most cxoncerned with the blood tests, so wondered how many you had, so that i can prepare! and at what stage of the cycle did you have them??

many thanks stacey xx

Replies

• hi Stacey,

I hate blood tests - have to be honest - i've been known to pass out - i wont lie to you - there are a few during the ISCI process. You have to have a number of tests before you have the go ahead to start - one on day 2(ish) of your cycle and one at day 21 also one for HIV/rubella etc (maybe you could combine this with one of you day 2 or 21 tests). During treatment - there will be at least 3 - one each at the last three scans - once you are doing your injections to check your hormone levels!!!

For me it isnt just blood tests it's injections - the menopur injections are ok - honestly - make sure when you have your teaching appointment that they let you do an injection on yourself - you will be suprised how pain free it is!!! I had to do two injections a day!! when you downreg - ask for nafarelin nasal sprays rather than the injections - that cuts out a whole load on needles!!!

this isnt meant to put you off in any way!!!

:roll:

xxxx
  • Hi Mrs E,

Ive just done a long protocal of ICSI, I hate injections and blood tests aswell. I didnt have any blood tests throughout my down regging stage or the scans. My first blood test was after my last scan as I had OHSS, then I had one after ET. I think it depends on your clinic though.

Could you call them to see if they could give you an idea?

xxx
  • hi

i am in the middle of icsi and had blood tests before we started on day 2 of cycle and rubella/hiv one. havent had any so far, i think you only need blood tests if the scans they do are giving them concern i.e.ohss.

i had no choice as to what down reg drugs i had, at our clinic its buserelin injections at 1 per day, stimms is also 1 a day(depending on size of syringe) so now i am giving myself 2 injections per day in total.

good luck
  • thank you so much ladies thats fantastic help.

sorry i didn't reply quickly i've taken a couple of weeks out of the site just to prepare and get ready at home xx