Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi.. A small introduction.

Hi, I am new to baby expert. I am currently TTC but we are also planning a wedding in the process. However we have been TTC for over 3 years with no luck so I am feeling pretty fed up. Especially as all my friends are either new mums/falling preganant or aren't bothered by children. Thing is I would walk to the end of the earth and back in order to get a BFP.

I have not taken any treatment or any herbal/natural remedies to boost my fertility as I also know h2b has low sperm count and the ones he does have swim backwards. I am hoping there is someone on here either in my position who is pregnant or someone who has been in this situation. I am slowly starting to give up hope about having any children. And we can't afford private IVF or other fertility treatments.

A BIT ABOUT ME

Hi, I;m Michaela I am 24 years old originally from Newcastle but currently living in York with my partner of whom I am marrying on 11th November 2011. I am a qualified nursery nurse who is currently working as a cleaner due to no jobs. I am funny kind/caring and considerate I value other peoples opinions and know that everyone will not get on in life. I don't bite honest, please feel free to ask me anything if you feel I have missed anything off.

Thanks for reading my introduction and I look forward to TTC with you all.

Replies

• hi

lovely to meet you. its exciting news about your wedding, it will come round very quickly.

ttc is hard especially as everyone else seems to get pregnant so easily. I understand you cant afford private ivf but why are you not eligible for treatment on the nhs? I presume you have has some tests if you know your other half has a low count and poor swimmers.

• Hi Angel, my wedding is coming around quicker than I had hoped it would. We still have so much to do and so little time. My h2b has been married before me and they were on the IVF waiting list but they hadn't got that far on the waiting list when they split up so they had tests done then, which brought the point about him having low swimmers. I don't think we would be eligible for IVF as h2b has been on the waiting list before. I thought it was the case of once you had been on the waiting list you weren't allowed to go on again.

Also I am a bit wary of Nhs IVF as my sister had went throught the whole protocol and she never concieved which is why I would prefer private to NHS. xx
  • Its a difficult process to go through and everyone is different. As far as i am aware you are not eligible if either of you has a child, not just because you have been on a list but its def worth ringing your local clinic now to ask their criteria because you may have written off having a child for no reason.

I can understand the fact your sister didnt conceive putting you off but that doesnt mean you wont image

We are self funding because i have a child and the care and service you get is exactly the same as nhs, the only thing different is the waiting lists.

So DONT give up hope and make some phone calls girl!
  • Thank you angel I think I will ring up if I find the number. xx
  • hello there

I am having NHS IVF, and im hoping the care is the same lol, i have been reading up on this and the only difference if any is what meds u get (u may get more choice) but the Care side will be exactly the same, the costing is the same except with NHS its not comming out ur pocket (which is good!)as ??5k a pop aint cheap!..if it doesnt work for us then we will be funding our 2nd attempt. image some people (alot i have read about) get there BFP 1st go, and some dont, but wether NHS or Private, if its gonna work its gonna work i guess. good luck! x
  • Thanks Booey. Me and h2b bd'd on Friday and we are again tomorrow so fingers crossed please. xx