Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

its not looking good

due to test this wed but have had cramping this weekend and spotting today. have spend most the day in tears and wondering if i will find the strength to go through it all again.

Replies

• That could be implantation signs, fingers crossed lots of pma xxx
  • i have done something stupid and tested this morning. it was positive but now i am convinced its not viable cos of tghe cramping and spotting.why didnt i wait?!
  • G/C - I had cramping when I got my BFP - proper period pain cramping. My periods are normally heavy and the cramps painful, my BFP was no exception; it was just like the run up to my period. The only differance was, it didnt come. The spotting could be implantation, lots of women get that too. Please try not to worry to much. I have never been through IVF and cant even begin to understand what you are going through but try and stay positive, remember that IVF works for thousands of women and you deserve to be one of them xxx
  • Thats great news BFP, fingers crossed for you keep testing until test day xxxxxxxpmaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hi Angelheart

I absolutely agree with what the girls say. When I had a BFP a couple of years ago the very first signs were period like cramping which went fairly soon and I posted up about it and loads of people replied saying it was normal. When I did my cycle of IVF back in August there were a couple of ladies who had spotting and both are still very much pg.

Just try and take things really easy - the fact that you have got the BFP on a test is a good sign.... image

Keep us posted xx
  • Oooh hun you'll find most women get af cramps when preggers. It is stretching pain from the blood going to the uterus and going from walnut size to pear size to accomodate blood supply etc.

I am 5+5 and get cramps quite often xxx

Congratulations xxx
  • Yes, cramps are not uncommon. When I went for my 6 weeks scan there was a mass in there that they said was brusiing and was common from implanting and would either result in harmless spotting or would absorb back into me.

I know you will worry, i worry still. When you've had to go through so much to get a baby you can't help but worry. Try and take each day at a time and keep busy xx
  • thank you all so much ladies. I am wondering if i have imagined the bfp(i havent cos i showed my husband and its still there!) then i think its the trigger shot showing up but i know its not cos that was 16 days ago. Its so hard to be positive when you want something so much,its so easy to see the negative side of things.

i just think after a loss at 22 weeks(anniversary today),1 healthy son and then an ectopic at 6 weeks that its more likely to go wrong than go right.

thank you all again xx
  • Having lost a baby myself at 8 weeks I understand some of how you must feel as I am also terrified that even if I do get a BFP then that is only the first step!! All we can do is take one step at a time and try and keep positive x
  • Hoping and wishing for the best outcome, Angelheart.
  • Ah angelheart I really feel for you, it must be such a nerve racking time. But great news on the BFP! I have had menstrual type twinges the whole way through this pregnancy, and I had a bleed at 7 weeks which they said was implantation bleeding (same as Mafia Princess, at my early scan they saw bruising from implantation and this was causing the bleeding). So fingers crossed this is what you are experiencing too.

As you know, I was due to start IVF this year and I will be honest, I still worry about things going wrong now. I definitely agree with Debbie C on taking one step at a time, it is all you can do really.

I really really hope this is it for you, good luck lovely X
  • aah you are all so lovely and supportive. I have given myself a slap and told myself to get on with it. no amount of stressing is going to change anything! i have been through it before and will get through it again if needs be. positive thoughts until i know something different

(ha ha til the next twinge more like!!)
  • good luck angel heart i have been reading your threads am keeping my fingers crossed x x
  • Angelheart, just wondered how you were today hun?? xx
  • yeah me to how are you? xx
  • Everything crossed for you.

H.xxx
  • thanks ladies, well i have had 3 positive tests now so def pregnant at the moment.i am getting cramps which the clinic have said is normal but i am more scared and stressed now that at any point in the treatment. i cant relax and forget my history as much as i should do. constant knicker watch and an emotional wreck.xx
  • Well congrats to you on your BFP image

Keep the faith Angelheart and hopefully the cramps will pass in a few days xx
  • a wisper of congratulations so happy for you hun I know its hard not to worry i'm a wreck at the moment positive one minute negative the next, have you got an early scan with your clinic?
  • Ahhh angelheart

So so so pleased for you!! U did itimage xx wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xx