Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

An update from me.

Hi there girls.

I just thought I would pop in and say hello and just let those of you who can remember me where we are at on our ivf journey.

After finding out we have chromosome issues we were referred to guys for (pre implantation genetic diagnosis). This was dependent on funding from our pct. As it's considerably more, you can imagine the last three months has been horrendous whilst waiting for referrals and panels to meet for the funding. Anyway, today we were told that we have been approved for three rounds of Pgd woo hoo. It will take some time to make up the science bit but I'm thinking we could be starting junish.

I am so excited. Anyway, just thought I would let you know. Good luck for those who are currently going through treatment.

V xxx

Replies

• Hi V

I just wanted to reply to say how pleased I am for you that your funding has been approved and that you're ready to go ahead. It sounds like you've had a really rough few months. I did see your other post on whether to go for PGD or not but I wasn't able to advise (much as I wish I could have done!) but I'm really glad you've made a decision and obtained the funding. June will be here before you know it. All the best x
  • Ah thanks Angelfish, I hope things are going well for you. I do try to keep up with the girls on here still.

V xxx
  • Hi V,

So glad you are making progress, even though it has been a nightmare getting to this stage! Also great that you get 3 goes (of course am sure you wont need all 3!!).

Heres hoping June comes very quickly

xx
  • Great news Lady bird image
  • That's fantastic new, V! So pleased that there is finally light at the end of the tunnel. Hoping now for success first time!
  • Thats brilliant news!!

H.xxx
  • Thank you girls. I'm so excited now. I'm hoping we can get started May time. Just need to lose some more weight.

V xx
  • Hi Lady image

So glad for your updates. Thats really fantastic!. Anything new on when you might start?
  • V Great news... so happy for you!!

Much love xxx
  • Thanks Riri and Legalbeagle.

It's still ages away before we get started. 6-12 for the probes to be made then another 6-8 weeks for the second appointment and then we should start within a month or two from there.

How are you getting on riri? Have you got started yet?

Legalbeagle, how are you my petal? I noticed your signature, I'm so sorry, I had no idea. You know where I am if you want to talk.

Hope to speak soon.

V xxx
  • Ah i hate the waiting part, whenever anything gets delayed I start to panic.

My Dh last SA they found sperms, the numbers are very very low but for us its a huge thing. They froze it and we are to start ICSI as soon as my SHG is clear (its a sonar to check the uterus a bit similar to HSG but they inject salt and water).

My SHG is next week and hopefully everything is fine if so I'll start ICSI next cycle.
  • Hi Ladybird

We have just had bloods done to check for chromosomes. Is this how you found out you had problems?.

Not long for you now, fingers crossed it all works out.

Sarah
  • Hi mrs ward, yes because the sperm Was low it indicated there could be a problem. We have our next appointment on the 9th June so hopefully we should get started shortly after that.

There is so much that can still be done if there is chromosome Problems and I think the chances are very low For it to be a chromosome problem. I will keep my fingers crossed for you though. If you want to ask anything please do. I find it helps knowing.

V x x
  • I have everything crossed for you and hope it all works out for you.

Will update you when we get our results.

Take care

S x
  • Excellent, I'm always here if you want to chat.

We now have our second appointment on 9th June, Guys told me to get day 3 bloods tomorrow and have told me to go on the pill too so I've sorted that out too.

Just need to lose about 8lb and our appointment will go great. Should get started in the next month or so. Yey.

Fingers crossed for your results.

V xxx