Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

The 2ww madness has started

Hello

Just to share as I know how lovely you girls are and so good with the PMA. I am now a whole 4 days after ET and the madness has started. I thought it was all going too well and was having far too much of a nice time on my 2ww watching movies and having hubby waiting hand and foot on me but today is different....today I am having major panics that I can feel AF type pains and am already on knicker alert!!

Does this phase pass or does it just get worse as I go along??? i'm still enjoying my week off work but going slightly crazy.

Mummya how are you doing? How is your sanity holding up??

xx

Replies

• AF pains are a good sign I'd say!! I got them too at that stage (as do many women, it seems), and it worked for me. Good luck xx
  • Hi princess deb

It's very hard! I had a bit of a meltdown on egg transfer day I was upset for days very negative and it was awful: I even smoked one day only two tho!! ( I know this sounds funny but the second week I was admitted to hospital with severe ohss so I couldn't really think about the next week!!

Soo many people I spoke to went through the same after et !

Try and fill up your week off, and youl look back and think that went fast!!! I really really hope you get your bfp Hun good luck got everything crossed for you!!! Xxx
  • Morning

Sanity What Sanity!!!!!!!

I am slowing going mad trying to be positive but convncing myself it hasn't worked. It was hubbys birthday yesterday and that was the only day that quickly all the other days are dragging don't get me wrong i'm enjoying the rest.

When are you planning to test?

I have no cramps or anything

Annette
  • TBD - Thanks for the vote of confidence - I really hope that you are right!

Gemlou, how are you? Reading your experiences of OHSS have been very educational. The clinic stopped my last cycle of IVF because the risk of me getting this was high and I was pretty frustrated at the time but now I can see why they did!

Annette, glad you had a good day yesterday. I am actually back to work Tues, Wed and thurs next week so this will keep me busy I guess. Not ideal but will have to try and keep the stress levels down. Assuming nothing terrible happens in the mean time I will probably test next weekend/ Friday when work is all finished for the week! How about you?

xx
  • Why why why did i just do what I did??????

I tested I am only 6 days after a 3 day transfer obviously it was BFN. I don't know what I was hoping for I feel so negative at the min i think i was just hoping for a little faint line.

Please tell me i'm not alone and there's still chance it could change to a positive image
  • MummyA you are defo too early to test so don't worry it means nothing! I am sure that if AF stays away then I will test early too. It is hard to feel positive all the time as 2 weeks is such a long time. I'm sure you will wake up and feel more positive tomorrow. I have been doing my Zita West CDs every day but have to admit that I find I have been barely listening the last couple of days so not sure how much good they are doing!

Anne thanks for your vote of confidence hun. Glad you are well xxxx
  • Debbie it was awful, and iv still got it!! People keep looking at me as if they think ahhhh!! She's really pregnant I'm dreading someone asking how far goneimage!

Glad it went well for youimage il keep looking at your posts xxx
  • Thanks I really hope it does change to positive, i listened to my cd today but not sure it went in. x
  • MummyA how are you feeling today?? No more testing I hope!! image
  • Pretty much the same trying to put a brave face on it not told hubby he would kill me for testing so early, how you doing? xx
  • hi

thinking of you both. i had and still have got period type cramps on and off and i have been reasured its normal. what dates have the clinic given you for testing?

• Both of our OTDs are next Sunday - a whole week today!! xx
  • MummyA - I also sometime dable in Fertility Friends and there was an interesting post on there about when you might be able to see your BFP on a HPT. Maybe this will put your mind at rest xxx

This is what happens in a 2 day transfer:

1dpt...Embryo is growing and developing

2dpt...Embryo is growing and developing

3dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst

4dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day

5dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining

6dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining

7dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining

8dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & foetal cells

9dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood

10dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops

11dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops

12dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

This is what happens in a 3 day transfer:

1dpt...Embryo is growing and developing

2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst

3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day

4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining

5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining

6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining

7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & foetal cells

8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood

9dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops

10dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops

11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

This is what happens in a 5 day transfer (blasts):

1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day

2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining

3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining

4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining

5dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & foetal cells

6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood

7dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops

8dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops

9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT
  • Just wanted to wish you the best of luck in your 2ww and hoping that everything works out for you. I've only been down regging for a week now so am still relatively calm but I absolutley know I'm going to be a deranged, knicker watching maniac by the time I get to my 2ww!!!!

keeping everything crossed!

evie xx
  • Thank you eveyone for your replies

Debbie thank you for finding that on fertility friends i burst into tears on hubby today after being a cow all weekend and told him i tested i am praying its going to change to positive.I think i have beeen get twinges in tummy but not cramps so not sure if i'm imaging it!!!!

How are you coping?

xxxx
  • I am supposed to go back to work tomorrow (I work 3 days a week) and for some reason am really worried about it which is crazy when I have so much more important stuff to worry about! I am then worried that this worrying is having a negative effect on things and it is making me worry even more!! :?
  • God i know what you mean worrying for worrying hoping its not giving of negative vibes, work may be a good think for you to take our mind off things xx
  • How are you doing Debbie???
  • hi ladies

try this, it helps. lie down flat somewhere dark and quiet and warm.close your eyes and breathe in and hold for 5 sec then release for 5 sec. breathe from your diaphram not your chest. picture all negative thoughts coming up from your feet to your head when breathing in and visualise them going back out down your body out through your feet when you breathe out repeat several times then lie still for a few mins.

It really helps you relax and focus your mind xx