Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

advice needed!!!...am bit excited!!

hi ladies

well i got my letter from nurture clinic confirming appt for next month, we have been told we get 1 free nhs cycle...so thats what we been thinking 1 go...

anyway in my letter it says...

your NHS treatment involves ov stimmulation, egg recovery, fertilisation and a single fresh embreyo transfer. in addition there is a provision for a further transfer of up to two frozen embreyos when the initail procedure does not result in a viable pregnancy....funding also inc freezing and storage of any spare embreyos and the cost of blastocyst transfer.....

does this mean we get potentially 3 shots at it?!?! omg i hope so!!! wold be best news ever, got my scan tomo, so they can confirm but thought would ask so i can get bit excited, thanks ladies xxxx

Replies

• Hi Booey

I think this would mean that if your initial IVF does not work then you would get one cycle of FET if you had any embryos left to freeze after your first cycle. Then I read it as meaning that they will transfer up to two embryos during this cycle of FET and they will also pay for any storage etc up to this time. I might be wrong it is a bit ambiguous and could mean they will do two cycles of FET just as easily!!

Good luck x
  • thanks princess debbiec,

yes it could mean putting 2 back in, or could mean 2 more FET??? either on is good!! hehe but it means one or the other does it?, so that means im not one go and out of the game after all!!!!!!!! whoop!! am so happy now, we was gonna find the money somehow, probably rob a bank lol...but this has really took the pressure of abit xxx
  • Hi that letter sounds really confusing,maybe they will clarify it when you get there. Have you had to wait long for your letter? I think I'll be excited when my letter gets here it's been 2 weeks now! feels like forever image
  • it does sound confusing doesnt it!!

either on is good though, i have read this on other sites also so its defo promising, here was me thinking that NHS was being tight wads and giving me one shot of my baby booey!....

well i waited about 5 weeks in total, after the hospital ref me, they then write to the PCT, then you get letter stating funding if your granted it, took 2 weeks, then they write to the clinic of your choice i waited about 3 weeks for that but did lot of chasing up as my letter got lost!, thats how it works here anyway xxx
  • hopefully you'll get a bfp in the next few months then booey. My gp has referred us directly to the fertility clinic (at liverpool womens) as our local hospital only does the preliminary tests and we already know dh is the problem and icis is possbly the only treatment that will work
  • yeah hope so! Had my pre treatment scan yesterday and blood done got my consultation two weeks Omg.

Well good luck wibblewobble. .im sure your letter wilt be any day now!. .

Can't imagine bein pregnant lol but at least got a shot now!

Just one question though. . Do you take tablets or is it but done via injections? X
  • Hi,

The letter means that it will cover all your treatment for your fresh cycle (which will be a single embryo transfer). If there are any surplus embryos which are of good enough quality to be frozen they will freeze these and then your funding will cover freezing and a subsequent frozen embryo transfer where you can have two embryos back. If it is thought advantageous your embryos may be cultured to blastocyst stage (day 5 after egg collection) which costs extra, but your funding will cover that too.

Hope that is slightly less confusing. I work in a fertility clinic so understand the jargon a little. That is very good funding, some PCTs only fund fresh cycle.

Hope it works for you! I take it you are under 37 seeing as you are funded for a single embryo transfer in your fresh cycle.
  • hi tiggeroo

many thanks for that!..thats really good news, i have my 1sy consultation in less than 2 hours am very excited now and nervous have heaps of questions lol

i hope it works! image xx
  • well im finally starting ivf/icsi 1st MAY!!!! omg

thats when i take my first injection down regging...had consultaton and went through final details ect...all very in depth but taking each step as it comes and do what they say...

just wanted to ask what side effects u ladies had, im taking gonal and menipor think its called...woohoo am so excited! xxx image
  • Hi booey congrats on getting your start date for ivf. this time next year you could be holding your little bundle of joy and with any luck my little bundle will be growing inside me image

whats down regging? I really have no clue what I'm going to be putting myself through :roll: at the minute my ignorance is bliss :lol: for another 2 weeks anyway until my first appointment I'm soo excited/nervous about it but like you I'm just going to do and take whatever they tell me when they tell me.
  • hey wibblewobble

thanks! You sayin holding my bundle of joy just seems amazing yet so unreal lol fingers crossed for US. I was just like you few weeks back. Not knowing bits. But its good to learn slowly not overload. The lady went through everything at consultation. We had all tests blood scan done prior so they started me on this cycle! He he.

Is it ivf your having wibblewobble?. .

Am bit scared and praying it works. Its funny because some people are lucky and get everything handed to them without a fight. All we have which is great we have had to fight tooth and nail for lol. . Looks like wilt be same for our baby as well. Am sure god loves to make jump through hoops!. . But don't worry am jumping! :-P x x
  • Hey booey, I'm pretty sure we're gonna need icsi... thats going on what I've researched myself with only the 1 test result on us both. OH's sa result wasn't good the gp said no sperm was found but didn't go into any detail of if there was any dead or if the liquid was ph ok??? pretty clueless still at the min. oh was diagnosed with having a swollen testicle tube when he joined the forces years ago and a few months back he developed a cyst aswell so this could be the cause :? but I'm not sure if they can do anything for these or if they have to go straight to fine needle aspiration. It will just be nice to know everything in a couple of weeks time image
  • hi wibblewobble

my friend is having icsi too in may. . Her oh didn't have any sperm So they doing the needle thing to get them out. .

I think we will be icsi but won't no till egg collection. .

Oh it would be nice to share my journey wits someoneimage

are you funding your self or nhs?. . Im nhs. .i just brought a book on ivf so i can tool myself up ready lol. .

When is your appointment wibblewobble? . . Oh and down reg Is when you take injections to kind of close your system off bit like menopause state. . Oh the joy x x
  • hi booey we're nhs too. not sure how many go's we get yet mils friend got 3, so I'm kind of hoping that it's the same for everyone.

whats the name of that book you've got? I could do with reading up, theres nothing worse than someone trying to explain things and you just have to nod blankly at them!

sounds like the down regging will prepare us for later on in life... we'll have no excuses for moaning when we get to menopause as we'll already kind of know what to expect!
  • ha ha yes thats true..

i got my book off play.com well not got it yet waiting for delivery, think its guide to IVF...free delivery ??7.99...

i get 1 go we in midlands image xx
  • Ordered zita wests guide to ivf, it's got all kinds in it about what you should be eating and supplements you should take... delivery not til 19th tho image

Is that just 1 chance of getting pg? or 1 go at collecting and freezing eggs to use at a later date.

I've seen a few people mention acupuncture is posts and I'm thinking I might give it a go around the time I get treatment as some say it helps is it something you'd consider?