Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Got my appointment through need advise

I'm so nervous excited and happy at the same time. I was expecting the appointment to be weeks away but it's a week on tuesday. I should be able to get the day off work no problem (or at the least start later) I haven't actually told anyone in work/or family about ttc or the fact that we can't naturally and we need help. Should I tell all now?

Replies

• Hey, I personally wouldn't tell ur employer just yet. in my last job I told them I had appointments to go to and that we were ttc and they were far from sympathetic. They made it very hard for me to go to appointments and when I went for a promotion they said it wasnt the best idea for me to apply when I had worked in the other department before I personally think it was due to the fact they knew I was ttc. We have only recently told our parents and it's good to be able to talk to them about things and his mother came to one of the appointments with me when he couldn't make it so they have been good support for us.

Good luck with ur appointment xx
  • hi ya

great news hun. . I would not say anything until you have to like needing regular time off i e ivf etc. But everyone different.

Iv found some people sayin oh well your choosing to have ivf so you should use holiday. Well i hope they never find then self in my shoes.

Good luck hun keep US updated x x
  • My boss is lovely, I told her about being referred and things and she just said we would work out how to fit in appoints!

I have since then been promoted by her so it made no difference that she knows I will need time off and may even end up on maternity leave!!!

I feel more relaxed knowing I don't have to worry about the appoints etc xxx
  • I think I'm going to tell my bosses everything after I've been to the first appointment. From what I've been reading there is just a short wait time for treatments in my area and I may need time off sooner rather than later and the drugs they put me on could turn me into some kind of jibbering wreck so it'd probably be good for them to know. But on the other hand if the consultant says 3 months until next appointment I might wait :? I'm just rambling and talking in circles reading back it seems that I don't know what I'm doing apart from driving myself crazy :roll:
  • Hey wibblewobble, how was the appointment then?? Did they say to 'go away' for three months more and then come back or is the three month wait to start treatment?? I's such a rollercoaster of an affair ttc image
  • hi ya!

Any updates wibblewobble? X
  • Hiya got to the clinic super early so we could try to relax before the appointment (didn't work for OH all he was thinking about was having a smoke and he couldn't he'd left them at home Ooops well he is cutting down!)

Dr LJ asked us both about our history, how old are mums are??? no idea why he needed that answer. Then he checked out OH's man bits (after saying it's not my turn for the attention yet, I have to wait til next time :lol: ) OH had a few blood tests for hormones/chrome defects and something else and had to arrange a SA and ultrasound (thats on 19/5) all I need to do is get my Gp to arrange bloods for day 2/3/4 or 5 at a push and have the results to take back with me to the follow up appointment on 31/5 which by then he'll know if OH's prob is caused by obstruction (which leads to exploratory surgery) or if it's genetic. So it's discuss options and further tests (hsg) for me... so 35 sleeps until the answers yay image
  • replied to you on this on another post but just wanted to again wish you all the best for your testt results, lttc is very frustrating but I do think that once the ball is rolling, even down this avenue, it is positive as at least your no longer in limbo you are moving closer to meeting you little babyxx

lots of hugs to you chick x